Good tracks for NSU racing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dungbeetle, Mar 26, 2016.

1. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    also not really a short one, but in my opinion a great fit for the NSU is Sachsenring (just finished a 30min race there and had a blast)

• Like Like x 1
  2. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I haven't done it yet but portimao would seem to be a good fit for the car. I raced on laguna today and thought it was fine for them, a bit long but it is a good course
    Btw, thanks for the 50% off on tracks, bought the 3 I was missing, and for good measure picked up the tt and nsu packs (I know they weren't on sale, but they were nagging me, so I relented )

3. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to everyone for their track suggestions.

I had such a good time racing against the AI on these circuits that I decided to try and create a dedicated multiplayer server for NSUs with a selection of these tracks in rotation for NSU fans to enjoy. Unfortunately I was stricken with the well known 'No response from the server' bug, even though I created the server on a separate machine as recommended. I tried out all the possible remedies I could find, including making sure that all the correct ports were forwarded, however I still couldn't get onto the server. Maybe it's got more to do with using the same internet connection, rather than just the same machine?
    Anyway, if anyone hears of a fix or a work around that works, perhaps you could let me know and I'll have another go. :)

In the mean time I did manage to capture a race I had against the AI on Mid Ohio Short which was an absolute blast! Set to a modest 95% difficulty and only ten cars on the grid, I had eight minutes to get from the back to the front whilst keeping it clean. I have to say that the AI were pretty darn good. Lots of close racing without shunting and they kept the pressure on right up to the end.

I really think R3E are on to a winner with these great little cars.

Cheers.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  4. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Zolder,

5. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Suzuka East is the absolute best, it's the first track I drove with the NSU and I laughed my a** off for 3 laps straight.

It's so silly, the tiny tiny cars going trough the esses! :D

6. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    I bought the orange Dirk Diggler car - my alter ego - and went straight to Portimao grand prix and it was such good fun.:) I went back and tried RR F2 same track but was not as much fun racing- the NSU TT is perfect for this track !