Greeting's i'm new to Raceroom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stickdeath1980, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Hello i come from iracing/pc2/ac etc someone said to me the other day do some race's in raceroom so downloaded and holy SH%^ have i been missing out..
    hand down this game is just awsome expect some public lobby's lol.
    But coming from other Sim's (mainly iracing) the handling in this game is just amazing for a F2P (it's on the same level as iracing maybe better)
    Car selection is awsome and the sound is spot on!!! 100/100
    Found a great community called AUS-NZ and the racing i'm having with these guy's just been amazing i'm just so amazed with this game just so awsome so you already have alot of my money lol.
    Just want to say this because this game need's more limelight so thank you.

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to a great community that is ever growing :) I have done just like you... been an avid racer in iracing for +5 full years but felt I needed a change and tried out R3E (RaceRoomRacingExperiance =R3E) and it have all my boxes ticked, exept for the lobby racing that sometimes can by awful :rolleyes: Kids and adults too for that matter acting like utter tools but thats what you can expect from unatended servers without ranking and a report system like in iracing. If you know how to race together with traffic and want to be better link up with some leagues that run races in your prefered timezone and/or having the series you like.
    Posted below are a few leagues that run GT racing series in various forms (Endurance and multiclass but also single class series) All of them uses Discord for chat and communications:

Open Visor Racing Club
    Chequered Flag Endurance
    ESR Racing Club

If you can hold your own and ain't getting scared of being in a live stream there is also the famous (or infamous if you like ;) )

Jardier Honzik - is a great racer/streamer and have been racing in real life. He have community races from time to time on private servers. Be sure to look him up aswell. (Youtube or discord)
    Georg Ortner - Same as above but is also a workforce of the Sector 3 Studios = makers of R3E. Watch out he is blindingly fast. (Youtube or discord)
    Gamer Muscles - Same as the guys above. His an avid reviewer of simracing gear and equipment, just watch out so you don't get "titt winkled" by him in his community races :D (Youtube or discord)

• Like Like x 1
  3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    i always thought iracing is something like the holy grail of simracing.. according to most iracers you see on the net.

I'm always surprised to read "confessions" like this :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Stickdeath1980

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

Thank man really cool yeah been streamed/in streamer's race's Nikki Thiim (Acutally beat him in PC2) ,Scott Mclaughlin,Lee Holdsworth V8 supercar driver's and Comp wise did alot of Endro's done my fair share of 12/24 hour race's :D Also was in Top 10 of Au/NZ iracing OSC and OEC alot of work went into but just really the cost was annoying! For me this i've chuck 100+ at it it's worth it!!! Gamer muscle hes cool raced with him as well lol But thank you and just ben great community so far.
    All very nice people Already with a Great Au/NZ team but
    Endurance race's tell me more

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stickdeath1980

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    It's Old.
    you have to pay a Sub $17.99 NZD a month
    Average Car cost = $11.99/14.99NZD
    Average Track Cost = $11.99/$14.99NZD
    I give it prop's its great but coming straight from iracing to this.I was in shock with how fing great the handling is.
    Plus the money i'd spend on a car in iracing i could grap couple car's and couple track's and be happy.
    Biggest seller was free testing!!!
    iracing doesn't let you test you buy to find out. Just the business model not great but here from what i've seen and spent could not be more happyer. one thing though Aston Martin Gt3 or GTE please. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    When your wandering along minding ones business and stumble across a gold nugget, you don't shout from the roof tops (maybe mountain tops), you get digging and keep digging! ;)
    G'day digger! :)

• Funny Funny x 1