Group 4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by memoNo1, Mar 23, 2020.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I drove the M1 of Group4 for the first time today. Compared to the RSR, it drives almost by itself. :cool:
    Still a great car.
    And for me by far the best DLC in the Sim area.

Now to my question dear S3 team.
    Is there a chance to experience the De Tomaso soon?

And thanks for the open week.
    Zhejiang is a great little track.

Will Group5 get their physic update soon?

Best regards.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Great, very pleased you enjoy the M1!
    Can't make any promises about other Group 4 cars joining the club, but I will always push from within for more :D

I can confirm that a Group 5 update is in progress.

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

What year exactly were these 2 vehicles on the road? And were there other groups of "opponents" besides the Tomaso in this year?
    What I also find remarkable is that in my opinion the Porsche gets through the corners a little better. However, the turbo lag is its major weakness.
    Yesterday at Zhejiang I felt this clearly.
    In the corners, the Porsche always put pressure on, on the long straight I could always build a little distance.

What I don't quite understand is the following, when I lower the preload on the M1, I feel it very clearly. The rear comes much faster (love it:D). With the Porsche, however, I hardly notice a difference. Whether with a high preload or a low setting. Of course the rear comes fast enough with the RSR, but the understeer is still easy there. Is that really the case in the RL?

AI also works perfectly (105%). they really fight with each other, make mistakes and put a lot of pressure on yourself.
    Really awesome.

Maybe there will be a day / night & rain cycle soon.

4. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Group 4 ran in the form we have from 1970 to 1982, when it was replaced by Group B. That's why some of the BMW M1s in game have Group B stickers on them. The 934s didn't live on as long, as the Group B car Porsche raced was the 930.

There's a full list of homologated group 4 car on the wiki page here. Some really tasty stuff! Lancia Stratos for example.. :cool:

Yes, the differential behaviour you describe is correct. The 934 differential is still very tightly locked even when the settings are dialled down. The M1 has a bit more range between highest and lowest settings.

• Like Like x 2
  5. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Yes I had already visited the wiki page. So would it be theoretically possible from the BOP that all vehicles can race against each other? Except the year of construction is too far apart?
    And some are also designed for rally.
    But if that were the case, then of course I would also like the Ferarri Daytona, GTO, etc...:D

6. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Great news about Group 5 :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Look at that.
    This is the stuff of real men's dreams. Beautiful isn't it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    The first one is quite special to me. Here's a picture of my standing by my Dad's Dino when I was about 10:

[​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I have a constant problem with braking the Porsche. I just drove a training session with the 934 (Bathurst). But the rear always comes with strong brakes on the long straight. No matter how much I put the brake balance forward, the rear almost always overtakes me. I put the brake on 82. It is clear to me that when the brakes are hot, they also grip much faster. If I brake even more sensitively and early on, I always waste a lot of time. Where's the catch or what am I doing wrong?

10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    The 934 is actually a widowmaker with really underwhelming aerodynamics. @Alex Hodgkinson once said on this forum that the technical numbers of this car indicate, that the big rearwing is more or less ineffective, actually the car produces lift at the rear at high speeds. This is why it is so unstable when driving very fast. You have to be EXTREMELY careful when trying to slow it down from high speeds. ALWAYS keep one foot on the throttle at least a bit to reduce too much braking force at the rear. Lifting for Blanchimont at Spa is another example for this behaviour.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Yes, widowmaker is the right term for this "kitten". Thanks for this advice.

12. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I had a try this afternoon and it's alway very hard to brake with the 934 at the end of Conrod straight. I was able to lap under 2.20 with 95% and 58/42 brakes, but it's alway much more Holiday on Ice than motor racing with this car... :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Under 2:20 ..? Now you belong to the Alien category. I am just a simple earth person. 2:27 ...:cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  14. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Here a small 934 tribute and on S3.
    This car is so awesome.
    I love it. And just like in the video, the good piece must also be driven.
    Incredible work from you S3. Keep it up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  15. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    The Stratos, some DeTomaso and numerous gorgeous models from the 60,70 and 80s all designed by a genius named Seniore Gandini

Might be digressing a bit, but I would pay 100bucks for having some of the old Lancias, Alfas or even better Lambos in the Game.Man look at that beast!

upload_2020-4-17_15-10-29.png

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    +1