Resolved Group 5 Chev Monza NO SHOW in Practice and Race

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by M D Gourley, Oct 26, 2015.

1. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone,
    I went to 'Practice' with the Group 5 Chev Monza and when I click 'Drive' the screen goes black...I can hear the other cars driving off and I can even start the Monzas' engine, put it first gear and drive off...but obviously with a black screen I can not see where I am going...lol.
    I could not load it up to 'Race' either... clicked 'Race', the on screens start lights came up, but black screen and crackling audio.....the other Group 5 cars are ok
    Win7, GTX690, Triple Screen 5760x1080

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  2. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what is going on for you, but I just tested the group5 monza at mid ohio, I used the white one, 2nd choice on the top row.

hth
    rich

3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried it again after it worked with the other Group5-cars?

4. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Does selecting a different camera do anything?

5. M D Gourley

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for taking the time to reply everyone...
    Yes, I have just tried the other liveries I have, on other tracks also and at different time of day...still the same

6. M D Gourley

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Yes, tried it again...still the black screen when starting a Practice session or Race.

7. M D Gourley

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    No, this does not work either as the screen is black, so I can not see if it is changing until I start the session again in a different Group 5 car and then see I have changed it...bizarre!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  9. M D Gourley

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    This makes sense...now I remember after the latest update my Triple Screen Menu background graphic image ( the image only that is behind the Menu items) which used to only be on the centre screen is now on the centre and left hand side screen as well...oh well, not to worry,.. I will leave it for now and just use the other cars, plenty to choose from as I have everything from S3S...lol

10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I think there is a problem with both Chev's, if I try to use them I don't get a black screen, but I do get a total lockup with sounds in the background, but I have to hard reboot to clear it.

11. M D Gourley

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Oh...the Developers must have nightmares over bugs and problems...there must be a lot of variables to contend with. I am happy just to leave it for now...it will get sorted at some stage I think. :)

12. Jeff Naylor

Jeff Naylor Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I'm having the same problem 5760x1080, changed the res. to 1920x1080 and it works on the center monitor and everything works great. Changed the res back to 5760x1080 and the blank screen is back. I can hear the cars but the sound is crackly also.

:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. M D Gourley

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Oh, ok...I suppose we will just have to wait for a fix...plenty of other cars to choose from.. :)

14. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Are all of you who are experiencing this problem using triple-screen?
    Could you try a single-screen session just to see whether this solves the problem?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jeff Naylor

Jeff Naylor Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Did you change the res to 1920x1080 just to see if it worked for you, just wondering?
    Thanks,
    Jeff.

16. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I'm on triple screens
    @ 6000x1080 I can duplicate the problem
    @ 1920x1080 I can not duplicate the problem

17. M D Gourley

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Hello Hannes,
    I have attached a video of the problem (hopefully) I have triple screen 5760x1080. The Monza no show problem started after the latest update and you may also notice that the Menu background has spilled over onto the left hand side screen, which it did not before...as before the Menu was only on the centre screen. All other cars I have tried in game are ok...it only seems to be the Group 5 Monza, for me anyway.
    After this video I set the in-game screen resolution to 1920x1080 and everything worked great...the Monza showed up.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  18. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

We've managed to locate the cause of this issue and have fixed it internally. It was simply that the file path the game was looking for the camera files was incorrect. This fix will be included in our hotfix which should be released in the immediate future.

Edit: @Sonat Ozturk just pushed the hot-fix to the live game. For the patch to apply, you must restart the game and allow Steam to download the update.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  19. M D Gourley

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic work S3S...Bravo,,:) :)

20. Jeff Naylor

Jeff Naylor Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Sector3studios Thank you for the fix so fast! It work great now :):):), Gotta go, Time to RACE!!!

Jeff.