Gt3 race at redbull

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by higsy, Dec 24, 2019.

1. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I haven't raced multi in awhile and tried an open server at red bull last night. There were 25 cars in the race and while it was a lot of fun, I noticed the tire smoke was unrealistic. With everyone bunched up for the first couple of laps there was so much tire smoke it was close to undrivable as you couldn't see the breaking zones. Assuming this is because of the new tire model.
    Anyone else experience that ?

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Yes I had exactly that. It appears to be caused by your ping to the server being low. I had it when on Spa in a "ranked" server. I am in Australia..

3. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I’m seeing tire smoke when people shift. Even on long straights. Not talking about wheel spin where you might see smoke - but just shifting of gears and a poof of smoke appears. Only online.

4. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Was it a R3E server? Where are you located?

5. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Server doesn’t seem to matter - meaning not just the ranked servers run by RR. I’m in Los Angeles and generally only play on a server with a less than 150 ping.

6. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Do you know where the server is located?

7. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Yes it was noticed on straights as well but I'm assuming the shifting is causing a small amount of wheel spin, thus the excessive tire smoke.