Question GT3

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by DarthxJimmy, Jul 27, 2018.

1. DarthxJimmy

DarthxJimmy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can someone help me how to properly adjust the steering wheel at GT3 cars degrees and steering angle?

2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    What wheel do you have? Most wheels with Force Feedback should automatically adjust themselves. Unless you asking about ingame settings, then default ones should be correct for all cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DarthxJimmy

DarthxJimmy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a G27

4. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    People have set up there Wheels steering lock for so long that it differese for everyone.
    As an example I have a steering lock in my Control Panel for my Thrustmaster set the same as ingame (Both at 656° and multiplier at 18) if that is a correct value I dont know but it feels correct for me and might be totaly wrong for someone else. Use what you feel is correct for you or go with the default setup ingame and adjust the Control Panel steering lock to be the same.
    For more info look in this thread --> https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide.55/page-18#post-150199

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  5. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    on my G25 I've got it set to 540 with the ffb at 18

6. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    But why not using the default automatic wheel rotation and steering lock?
    It's a simulation, so the driver has to handle this and not some strange settings.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Because that is what I’m comfortable using!

Sure it’s a simulation but it’s also a game that I just want to enjoy.
    Setting the wheel rotation of all my vehicles at 540 means I only have to develope one set of muscle memory.

If I want to take the sim to next level then I’ll use the default rotation but for now I’m in it for the fun.
    If I was in it for the simulation there would be many things in this game that would drive me nuts.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  8. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I just asked in the FFB Guide thread about steering animation, and what 'match setup' does because sometimes animation doesn't seem to follow what I see on screen. Isn’t this supposed to work this way? As i just leave my T300 at 900deg in control panel.

9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    That's correct. The match setup option in the vehicle settings menu only affects the visual steering animation and matches the in-game wheel to your physical wheel.

In the car setup screen there are more steering options. Changing the steering rotation here affects how much you physically have to turn your wheel until you reach the limit. Having match setup selected as mentioned above will them match the in-game wheel to your physical one regardless of what steering rotation you use.

So, you are correct that setting 900 degrees in the TM control panel is what you should be doing. Then, the game will automatically change your steering wheel's rotation as it needs to depending on the car you drive.

10. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    You have to use the correct drivers for G27 to set auto rotation properly. The ones from Logitech site, from March 2016 if I remember correctly. If you're on Windows 10, they tend to overwrite these drivers with a different (supposedly newer, but not really...it's complicated...) one that doesn't really work correctly.

11. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the validation, that's my understanding as well. So there appears to be a bug. I've always had it set to 'Match Setup' and always have 900deg in TM CP, but when I tried the (Aston Vantage) (correction) Audi LMS Ultra, the wheel turned faster than my wheel, w/c prompted me to ask about this parameter.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, would it be possible to check once more as to which car you are referring to?

My first thought though, is that your steering sensitivity is a non-default value. This is accessed from the main options > controller settings > advanced settings.

2018-08-07 1844 0001_LI.jpg

This needs to be 50% or what you describe happening, will happen I believe :p This setting is basically the speed at which the in-game wheel rotates in relation to your own wheel. 50% is perfectly linear, meaning it will match your wheel. The closer to 0% or 100% you get, the slower or faster the wheel will rotate for the amount of steering input you give with your real wheel.

Please check this and see if that does the trick.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Checked it and it was still at the default of 50, as I don't remember editing it. Nonetheless, most GT3 cars I tested now appear to be fine. I'm guessing it was brief glitch yesterday, probably after switching from different sims. I'll keep observing. Thanks.

14. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    That's quite likely if you've been switching sims, as for example both rFactor 2 and Automobilista do not reset the wheel rotation when you exit them, and if you then start Raceroom, the steering rotation will be out of sync with the game.

I've made a habit of going into the wheel's control panel and resetting the steering rotation to default every time I want to start a different sim.

15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'm aware of that, and perhaps didn't think R3E is affected by it, though AC is. Wonder why those 2 don't reset.

OT: Is there a way to make display brighter (in VR)?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    ? Vantage?? You're getting your Sims mixed up!

• Funny Funny x 1