Bug GT4 Head restraints preventing view of mirror

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MattStone, Dec 3, 2018.

1. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    When I try to adjust my seating position back; the seat head restraints come into view blocking my view of the right side and some times left side mirror. Sometimes it even results in; I think they call it "near plane clipping"

This happens in all GT4 cars (see images below)

I run triple screen 1080p set up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  2. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    ok i think you should be able to see the images now.

As you can see I'm not trying to move the seat back to an extreme position and I can certainly reproduce this in any car when moving to the extreme.

My point been in the GT4's it seems to me that the default seating position is too close to the dash and moving the seat backwards just a bit starts to produce this problem

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  3. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I actually don't mind the circuit now; hated it at first but it's grown on me LOL

Yeahs not really a bug but a design flaw I guess.
    They fixed a car last year that had the same problem..I think it was the new GT3 Audi

I guess you can look at it this way; if you move a seat backwards or forwards, shouldn't the head restraint move with the seat? I understand tho that this is probably not possible in a game as it means having a separate overlay to the rest of the graphics BUT I know it can be fixed as they have done it before :D

Having never driven in a race car with a head restraint I honestly don't know if it naturally obscures the view of the right mirror anyway

• Like Like x 1
  4. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Are you moving the seat or the camera? Aren't there two possibilitys? (Sorry, driving in VR for one year now, can't remember)

5. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    The seat....I didn’t know that you can move a camera! I’ll have a look at that next time I’m playing

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I don't know really :\ Could be, that I'm wrong. I'm certainly a VR Seat Mover.

7. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    It's described as moving the seat, but what you actually do is just move the camera.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    That makes sense

9. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    This can also happen the first time you set a wider FOV without adjusting the seat position.