GTR 2 Help if possible

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dave R, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to Shardshunt, I've discovered the magic of the 24 hour race on GTR2 (never even noticed that section of the menu before). Does anyone know how I could make more 24 hour races (Lemans, Nordschliefe, etc)? Is it possible to make a full season with a series and make them all 24 minute 24 hour races? I've looked online and cannot figure out how to do it. Thanks for any help.

2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    There once was a Championship Manager for GTR 2 available at NoGrip, but guess you have to register first to download - might be under "Utillities"...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    If you are planning on downloading a ton of content for GTR2 (or older SimBin titles for that matter) then I will say from experience that its worth supporting NoGrip for the convenience and ability to get so much content in one spot.
    You don't have to of course, but small financial support removes your daily download limit and will speed up the progress if you're playing catchup to get mods,.
    Bailey

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
  5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to have to look into that are the .GDB files in the my documents directory or the root game directory?

6. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Each circuit has one, but so does each 24 hour race and championship. You can set time scaling in either, I believe, but can't remember for the life of me which takes priority. I know I condensed Sebring from 12 Hours to 4 in a custom race though, but I'm not at home at the moment so can't check the files.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thank you all very much for the links, etc. I downloaded the championship creator but don't see a way to do 24 hour races in there as of yet (just haven't found it yet). I'm a premium member at NGR so I'm covered there. I'll take a look at that thread and see if I can wrap my head around how to do it. Again thank you all for the wonderful recommendations.

8. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    in the gdb file change the "race time"

this is OFFICIAL_2003.gdb concern Spa

SpecialEvent=ENDURANCE
    TestDayDay = Wednesday
    TestDayStart = 9:00
    Practice1Day = Thursday
    Practice1Start = 11:45
    Practice2Day = Thursday
    Practice2Start = 16:30
    Qualify1Day = Thursday
    Qualify1Start = 22:30
    Qualify2Day = Friday
    Qualify2Start = 12:30
    WarmupDay = Saturday
    WarmupStart = 8:15
    RaceDay = Saturday
    RaceStart = 16:00
    RaceLaps = 600
    RaceTime = 1440
    RaceTimeScaled = 1440
    Weather=0
    StartMode=FormationRollingStart
    Max Vehicles=53

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Oppolo. I'll give it a shot.

10. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    It's race time scaled that is the total you want. So, if you wanted a four hour race to simulate a twelve hour one, race time would be '240' and race time scaled would be '720'.

If I recall correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Here's what I would try. Read the NoGrip thread on creating your own GDB's (which I have on hard copy). Then take either of the 2003 or 2004 championship GDB's and rename it, then follow the instructions on creating your own cars and classes ect ect.
    Next delete all the races EXCEPT the 24hrs of spa. Then cut and paste as many copies as you need of the spa listing for the tracks you want to race on, and insert the names where needed.
    Now you have your own championship of all 24hr races and you can let the game do the time scaling by changing the percentage of race time for 24hr races.
    At least that the theory;)
    I think I might do that myself just to see if it works. I still love that sim.
    P.S. I highly recommend reading VonDutches Guide to better AI's

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  12. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thanks GregoryLeo. I think I've got this now. I appreciate all the help.