Released GTR2 Pack & American Track Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Feb 13, 2015.

1. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    @GroovyMotion Probably because of more aero. Same thing as GT3 are easier to drive than GT4's which are mainly road cars with little track suited safety systems and better brakes.

@Drei
    About that Hello Kitty Livery...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Just checked into the store and the GTR2 pack comes in at 589 vRP. To me this is very poor value and I'm sorry to say that this will be the first pack I pass on. I already own the RUF, BMW and Corvette as well a good number of liveries so for 589 vRP I'm getting the Cadillac and few more skins. Sorry, it's just not worth it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I felt the same with DTM 2014 and did not buy it.
    And now Gt2 pack wants 930vrp!!!?
    For 2 cars ( I own 2 ) and some liveries!??
    This is really bad value guys, cars should be about 225 to 250 vrp each When purchased in a pack and The liveries should be way cheaper as well.
    Like @James Cook i might just pick the Cadillac and a skin or two.

I'm rarely critical at sector 3 I love this game and I spent quite a bit of money so far. But this is the one thing I will complain about, everyone loves to get good value for their money and this is no good. (In my opinion)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I probably won't get the Caddy as I'm not that bothered about it, although the car itself is 299. Packs should offer value and an incentive to buy content in bulk. This clearly doesn't.

5. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    hmmm, seems I just paid $13 for the Caddy and the Vette and a bunch of liveries as I owned everything else. By far the most expensive pack yet? Looking back I think I would have been better off to just buy the cars separately and a livery or 2? Oh well. Anyone else find the RUF is the best handling and feeling car of the pack? Too much fun to drive. The Caddy is a handful and will take some getting used to

6. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    @Mike Demers indeed the Ruf is awesome! :)
    The caddy is very fun to drive as well but tends to show it's tail a bit more.

7. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Exactly my point, this is way too Much for two cars and liveries. Not happening for me at least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Well, just spent the past 2.5 hrs online in various races. Mostly just GTR 2 races. This has been quite a pleasure. There seems to have been quite a few more people online within the last few hrs, when there usually isnt very many people online. (end of the day in Europe, mid day in the states) Yet there were 2 servers running the GTR2 cars that both had about 15 people or more on them. Along with the other various servers running other classes.

From Zandvoort, to Norisring, to Monza, Bathurst, and perhaps one more Im forgetting... the action has been quite enjoyable.

I had a chance to try out the new Cadillac CTS, and it surely is a little handful. Tricky to put the power down out of very low speed corners like Norisring's 2 hairpins. It is certainly fierce and wants to bite you by stepping out the rear.

I absolutely love the physics on the M3 GT2 now. Very stable and well behaved. Definitely a noticeable difference from the Cadillac. The RUF as well, definitely feels a bit different from the M3, especially on turns for me. Almost like it is just naturally a bit more loose with a touch more oversteer. As for the corvette, I havent really spent much time with it yet, as the old liveries didnt do much for me, but now... ;)

It will certainly be fun to get online in the coming days and get some more tough races in and truly experience all the cars in a race scenario.

Oh, and the new liveries for the M3... marvelous :D

9. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Not long come offline myself, @nate probably means I raced you at least a few times :)

Spent most of the night in an RUF, base setup for most of the circuits is fairly solid, when it's setup right, it's a great car, when it's setup badly though... :dizzy:

10. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Haven't tried the RUF and the M3 but I did some more laps in the CTS and Vette. It's weird because the vette is my favorite in GTR3 as it's much more precise than the R8 and the MP4-12C and yet in GTR2 I don't like it as much!

11. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    its the liveries that are biting you guys. the discount is real, its just that liveries cost WAY too much, & you get way more than you'd want.

if you want the full pack but already own a car or two check the cost for the other cars + if any livery/livieries that catch yr eye. chances are it will be cheaper. eg it does make me a sucker, but i gotta have a yellow vette so i bought the livery, got a couple ones for the RUF, etc. still i paid something like $5 (just for the caddy tho), not $13 for 2 cars, which i agree is too much. i cant recall what the dtm 92 pack cost but i feel like it was really great value.

they shouldve knocked a lot more off the liveries tho, really. pretty sure theyve done this w/ prior packs bc ive at least considered buying some of cars i already own; in the end i just go w/ value tho.

12. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    The DTM 92 was about 10$ cdn for me ( 999 vrp ) That was worth it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    hello
    I bought American Track Pack and GTR2 Pack
    Satisfied very much
    There are two questions
    sonoma Corner Makers removed
    single race AI of cadillac removed
    Is this a bug?

14. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Which corner markers are you referring to? Actual brake markers on the track? like 150m, 100m, 50m, etc? Or are you talking about the giant flags that would be near the road that acted as corner markers. The flags were red, yellow, and green if I recall correctly.

Those corner markers can now be found in the options menu. From the main menu. Find Options on the portal. In the options menu, look for "video settings." In there, look for Custom. Scroll all the way down, and turn "on" corner markers. It will be the very last option.

I think this is the only menu that you can change those corner markers with.

Im not exactly sure what you are asking about single race AI of the cadillac. Could you rephrase the question please?

Cheers

15. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    If I'm not mistaken, they haven't bothered to implement the "corner markers" on the new tracks.
    And that's a good thing, more focus on good things!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Ahh, wasnt aware of that then. I had thought I heard that they are now turned off by default and need to be enabled if you want to use them.

Good info to know about and be able to pass along now.

17. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I was waiting eagerly for this pack but unfortunately I will pass on this time...i already own two cars and 9.50€ just for two other cars and a bunch of liveries I would probably never use is a very high price...at least dtm experience was a real experience with new rules , improvements and new functions...so this time I will miss it...

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Maybe an extra yellow-black livery pack for the Corvette could soften the pain :p. I think the bunch of similar liveries (including the white beamer) inflates the price unnecessarily but if you won't have much content in this class it could still be worth it. As I already had most of the liveries that I'm interested in I just picked the new car and a few liveries. Just have the fear that every second Bmw in MP will have the coloured warp style ;) I like it

19. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    i dont get why everyone is talking about 'the pack' like its something you were expecting to buy.

the new content is the cadillac, thats it. the pack is really intended for newcomers or ppl who dont mind paying for it. the gtr2 physics were overhauled a couple weeks ago, so with the new car they made a pack of it. its not the same as adac or dtm at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    In fact usually packs are another way to get things cheaper on the game...i missed the vette and the new cadillac from the gtr2 class so yes this was a pack i was expecting to buy...but I will not with such a high price...i have to pay 9.50€ for 2 cars and some liveries (most of them are just different numbers) and considering i paid about 8€ for the dtm 92 pack (that included 5 cars and liveries) this gtr2 pack is a little disappointing for me...I know developer works need to be rewarded but this time is better to buy cars separately...

• Agree Agree x 2