GTRX Merger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jpmcdon98, Mar 15, 2017.

1. jpmcdon98

jpmcdon98 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hello, new forum member here (been playing r3e for 7 months).

I have heard that there is the possibility of a merger between the gtrx, 1, and 2 classes along with physics updates. Is this plan still happening at some point, or did it fall through the roof?

2. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I still hope GTRX and GTR2 won't be merged into one class. I rather see the CCGT being moved to GTR1 then the remaining current GTRX remains in GTRX. Lastly, GTR2 left the way it is now, with new physics.

I really hope GTR2 will get physics update soon, they were really fun until most other cars physics were updated and now they feel kinda underwhelming compared to the new content.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. jpmcdon98

jpmcdon98 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I don't see why the ccgt wasn't in the gtr1 class in the first place. It was initially developed as a gt1 car (only one was built due to FIA increasing the number of road cars you have to sell to homologate it) so when I started sim for the first time I was a bit puzzled to see it there.

4. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I agree, Rick. That would be Squanchtastic!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Wasn't at some point mentioned, that they plan to release C7R GTE? But I guess it's abandoned with V8 Supercars

6. jpmcdon98

jpmcdon98 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I agree with Cheeseman about keeping gtr2 the same, the class is fun but it also doesn't seem right to put an m3 against a zonda r. If they did merge gtr1 and gtrx, I personally would keep the gtr1 cars the same performance specifications while the gtrx cars are b.o.p'd

7. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    If I remember correct the Pagani Zonda will be a singel make class..

8. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Zonda would get its own Cup, rest would be merged into one GT Endurance class

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Just had a race with 20 GTRX at Brands Hatch Indy.
    A bunch of madman on steroids within a stampede. :D I bet they have special seats for their testicles!
    Why not merge the German Nationals into GTRX after adjusting physics and adding some liveries. They're almost at same level of power and they're resting a life in obliviance.
    GTRX had a greater variety.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  10. jpmcdon98

jpmcdon98 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    No doubt that they are extremely fun to drive and they also require a lot of patience to tame them. I know that German Nationals would need quite the b.o.p. to get them on par with gtrx cars.

11. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a good idea for me. The larger the class, the better.

• Agree Agree x 2