GTX MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk X performance

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sayjimwoo, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Having gone from a GTX1080 to a 'ti' a few weeks ago, along with an i7 7700k cpu. I wanted to give my opinion on how it runs with R3E. It does run impressively, although Assetta Corsa still runs better (120fps vsync'd without ever losing a frame) even with all the eye candy on that game set to the max.
    With R3E I at 1080p I can max all the graphics with a full roster of 50 + cars on every track and it hits a solid 60fps (yes I know you can get higher frames, but I am talking overall consistent frames, when you don't drop below 60fps at any particular point on the track). The only time the frames drop is when they are all bunched on corners, the drops are more noticable on replays when in the corners.
    I hate playing with that many cars anyway, but I can run with 35 cars with every graphical setting at max detail at vsync'd 60fps and every track is 100% butter smooth, along with all the replays, with all cameras and I never lose a frame. I do still think there is room for performance improvements, but whether we will see any now, I don't know. I can overclock the GPU even further but didn't see any more improvements in the game. I am not sure how much of the CPU is being utilised, but I am running it at 5.0ghz.
    Overall, I am impressed, but I didn't see a huge performance jump from going from the GTX 1080 to the 'ti'. Whereas, with many other racing games, the performance increase between both cards were huge.
    Out of all the gpu's I have tested over the years with this game, the GTX 1080 is the sweet spot for R3E and the performace doesn't seem to improve much with cards higher than that really.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Quicksilver

Quicksilver New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    If i am not completely wrong, Raceroom is heavily depending on singlecoreperformance of the cpu, hence the gpu does not make a huge difference after a certain point. Especially considering VR, i really hope that the migration to UE4 happens rather sooner than later.

regards
    Quicksilver

3. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your insight....I still have my old GTX690 SLI double GPU card, and while it still runs most Sims adequately I was looking at upgrading to a 1080 or the 1080ti as a single GPU.

• Like Like x 1