H-Shift option to car to car setup?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rik Fast, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible and feasible to transfer the H-Shift option from the general settings to the AT/MT settings in the drive menu, like AT / MT peddle / MT H-shift

Because i'm learning to proper shift in different modes this would give me easier access to the settings.

I invite everybody to give their few on this...

PS: I searched for a similar discussion but could not find it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    I don't think I understand your question.

If you want to switch from paddle to H-shift, you can already do that "in-game", in the Option-> Control -> Advanced control menu.
    But it would be nice if the game would automatically assign the "right" transmission mode according to the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    @haik: I missed that, thanks. I would always go all the way back to the main menu and from there to controls/advanced. Although i still think that in Session settings this would be more easier to select.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Race Doedel

Race Doedel Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Would be great if we could assign the use of a H-Shifter to button.

I switch very often the car. Some has a H-Shifter others not.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Krzysztof Volek

Krzysztof Volek Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I have slightly different question. I use DFGT which has paddles and sequentional stick. I don't have Hshifter, but I prefer to use the stick for cars that has it (either sequentional like WTCC, or H like DTM'92) and paddles only for cars that use them in real (like ADAC). This way It just feels better for me. Now, each time I switch between those cars I have to change gear shifting controls in menu, because it's not possible to have shifting on two controls simultaneously, which is pain in the ass. I would like to see this feauture added, it would make the things easier for me.

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    multiple profiles , take a few minutes to set up and a few seconds to switch between , thats my solution ....at present

i always wonder about forcing the option for the player to play with the real equipment ,
    1/ because not everyone has everything
    2/in mp what if some have and some dont , how do you balance it for fairness

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jo Ré Ta Po

Jo Ré Ta Po Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Would be even easier if we could assign more than one button for the same functionality. That way you could have a single profile and assign both "Right Paddle" and "Stick push" to "Gear Up".

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1