Hands and shift animation

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von Scotty G, 4. April 2021.

1. Scotty G

Scotty G Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I am wondering if it's possible for the developers to tweak the shif animation in h pattern cars.

My suggestion would be to have the animated hand move to the shifter when the revs are just about to boil. Then to add a slight bit of extra effect, have wheel lock play into when the driver reaches for the shifter knob.

It is a little thing,

Also, can we get a turbo for the shopping carts?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    No thank you. That is completely immersion breaking in VR, I hate it. The hand should stay on the wheel until the shift is made.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Scotty G

Scotty G Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Just for my benefit, do you change gears before your hand moves when you're driving your car?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Irrelevant. I'm not here to argue about how we change gear. I'm simply offering my opinion on your idea, which is that I don't like it, so I hope it doesn't get implemented by the devs.

5. Scotty G

Scotty G Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    No problem there. I was more curious to know why you're against it. What issues you had with the timing of the animation. I find it more disrupting to have the hands move after I've already selected a gear.

I was just thinking about when my hand moves to the shifter when driving in anger.

6. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I have posted some time ago an idea regarding this topic, but unfortunately didn't get any answer. I'd love to see any improvent if it comes to H shifting in VR and the drivers animation.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Test Drive Unlimited had this feature, would be nice to have it here too.

8. Scotty G

Scotty G Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Ah yes, the sunny island drives and insane grip levels of TDU!

But yes, agree. The animation could also be a low key hint to new drivers that shifting with lots of lock isn't something they should be doing.