Question Has visible car damage been removed?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Azfalt Raser, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Has visible car damage been removed? Or is there a graphics setting you need to use in order to see the visible damage?

I have all damage on, but I'll destroy my transmission/engine, before I see any visible damage.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Depends heavily on the car we're talking about. On some there's (almost) no visual damage, on others parts will fall off and on some it works quite well.

3. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, but the visible car damage in R3E is more as pathetic in comparison to BeamNG.drive for example. :( The damage model is one of the largest building sites in R3E.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    @Patrick Schilhan
    If R3E would implement same damage physics like Beam.NG, then you would probably not finish a lot of races. :D
    Maybe in some ultra-get-real mode it would be nice, but I believe not many PC's will be able to run the game smoothly, because calculate crash like in Beam.NG eat a lot of PC performance.
    I personally have BeamNG in my PC and I can say that its very heavy load for PC. Even the game itself dont have super nice graphics. Only one crash load PC a lot.
    Now imagine 10+ cars on grid with nice graphics and this crash physics. You would need insane hardware.

But I dont want to say that better or more realistic damage would be bad in R3E. I wish to have this upgraded. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    True, but RR is not a crash testing software. I agree that it would be brilliant to have, but I also agree with skswat that it's probably difficult to achieve with current gen hardware and the engines that are being used.
    But that wasn't the question (at least the way I understood it). The question was whether there is any visual damage at all, and the answer to that is yes, at least on some cars.

6. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I wish to have some track objects being "crashable". Or better say, when you crash them, they will behave realistic. I feel weird when I crash into simple tyre stack and it behaves like I crashed into a concrete wall. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Appreciate the response. I remember seeing damage before (Audi GTO, Z4 GT3, Prototype...). Just haven't seen it on the GTR2 and FR2 cars. Thought maybe at lower graphics settings, damage didn't show up.

As for "realistic damage & visuals", I feel it's more of a nuisance. In another sim, the first few times I crashed, my wheel was angled at 45 degrees and I thought my wheel was broken.

I just want some crumpled sheet metal and dents in the side from car to car contact. Just so I can say "yeah, we really had a good battle going out there!" "sorry I put you in the wall." :D

• Like Like x 1