Hello and Money to spend...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mtbiker70, Dec 23, 2016.

1. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    CPU would limit those things.

2. mtbiker70

mtbiker70 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Probably getting a bit off topic now, but would everyone build a custom PC or just order something built to spec? Once upon a time, I did build my own PCs, around the Pentium 2&3 era. I know these options are outside of my original budget of $300-$400 upgrades. But, now I'm thinking I might save my money up for a few months and get myself something completely new.
    Sheesh, I knew this might happen...

3. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    I think the majority here is custom building PCs.

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yeah - I always build the systems by my self. I think thats the best way to be sure that only those components are incl. that you really want.

But in your case @mtbiker70 maybe look around if you found a pre build PC that might fit to your requierments. I guess you will need everything new, so that might be cheaper.
    Some Stores offer Upgrade-Bundles --> maybe that could be an option, too. On ebay you can found those bundles too and sometimes the Username or a Mailaddress in the Discription indicates a Storename where you can find a better deal.

5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    great story man.for me this is an easy choice. the best realism change I ever made was to get...

a cockpit style driving chair with pedal and wheel mount. being in the low position of a real car, with rock solid wheel and pedals, made a huge difference for me, and I was able to then build a really cool rig around it with surround sound and all that.

mine ran about $200 I think.

2nd choice would be clutch and hshift if your wheel does not have it.