Bug HELP Request - crashed car and in the Box does not repair aerodynamics

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by José Vasconcelos, Mar 26, 2021.

1. José Vasconcelos

José Vasconcelos New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have the repairs properly set up, and after hitting the wall or wall, I go to the Box, and the aerodynamic damage to the body is NOT repaired ..... I already had to give up 2 races because of this .... but we pay the tracks, we pay the cars and then we can't run?.......... if it is impossible to fix this BUG, then I ask you to cancel / removing the damage running races

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -0
    Just to make it clear, did you activate (highlight) the aero repair option in the pit menu? It won't repair it automatically, you have to move the cursor (yellow frame) through the menu and activate every option you need. Go to Settings - Control - Edit Assignments to bind buttons for pit menu options.

pit-menu-func.jpg

3. José Vasconcelos

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for Your explanations and instructions post
    I set up the window of the various Pit Boxes well (Fuell, Whell, Fuell and Whell, Mecanic and Aereodinamica - Aero Damage, front and rear -, and all.
    Before entering Pitlane, I call the Box, and select the window I want to fix, and the desired one is green, EXCEPT the 2 functions of fixing the aerodynamic bodywork ( Aero Damage front and rear ).
    The problem / BUG is here ..... in the General Menu, we go to the Pit Box Menu and all the functions of fixing are in green ( Aero Damage also ) , but when we enter the car in the Box, and activate the fixing of the aerodynamics / body DOES NOT CONCERT the Aero Damage, front ande rear... only fixes the suspensions ... of the bodywork NOTHING ....

Thank you for your help

4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -0
    Well, this is interesting... I went and tried crashing cars from a few different classes and the only time aero repair option turned on was in P1 class. For GTR3, DTM, Zonda the engine stalls because of the damage (both front and rear), but the aero repair options were still disabled. Maybe it's not all classes allow for aero repair?

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    If the boxes for aerodynamic damage are greyed out, there's not enough aerodynamic damage on your car yet. In most cases, your engine dies before you actually lose your front wing or your engine hood.

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -0
    I've found the hood comes off way before the engine stalls, but the aero repair option was still unavailable.

7. José Vasconcelos

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Friend, this is NOT TRUE. I hit the wall, due to the fault of another competitor, and my hood was a lament and all raised, not letting me see the track ... I selected the ALL Mecanic repair, and in the Box, only repaired the suspension..I had to give up of the race because I DIDN’T see the track ...... this happened with 2 more friends of mine ....

8. José Vasconcelos

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Friend, this is NOT TRUE. I hit the wall, due to the fault of another competitor, and my hood was a lament and all raised, not letting me see the track ... I selected the ALL Mecanic repair, and in the Box, only repaired the suspension..I had to give up of the race because I DIDN’T see the track ...... this happened with 2 more friends of mine ....

9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -0
    I agree, looks like an issue. What cars were you driving?

10. José Vasconcelos

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    GT3 ( Porche 2019, Chevrolet Corvet C7, BMW M6GT3, ..) , P2 ( DMD, Radical ), Porche GT3 Cup, ...etc, etc....
    Thank you for your attention
    It really is frustrating, we pay so much in RaceRoom, and just by hitting the wall, with the engine running but the aerodynamics damaged, and having to finish the races and go home .... NO WAY.
    If there is no other way, end DAMAGE AERODINAMIC on all cars ....

11. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -0
    hood-damage-no-repair.jpg

Heh, look at that. The damaged hood obstructs the view (default seat position) while there's nothing to repair at all.

Anyway, now I wonder why this isn't considered an issue.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  12. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -0
    As a workaround, I'd try adjusting the driver seat position when this happens. You can map the buttons in Settings - Controls - Edit assignments.

13. José Vasconcelos

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Correct, that's it
    the cokpit view is impossible.
    I changed the cokpit view (I have keys configured for that,) and put the front bumper view on ... I didn't adapt .... I'm used to driving in the driver's seat ....
    It can ONLY be BUG .... who orders the RaceRoom to remove this BUG ... if you can't have the damaged body / aerodynamics, remove this simulation ....

14. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -0
    I mean move your driver seat up while still in the cockpit view (also adjust your line of sight, called "Perspective" here):
    seat-controls.jpg

I can see the road now:
    cockpit-view-adjusted.jpg

15. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Aero on a gt3 car is front splitter and rear wing , imho , the bonnet doesnt come into it , but ill ask the devs

Andi

16. José Vasconcelos

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My friend, Thanks
    it's amazing how it happens......because of a little hit on the wall, but that caused great damage to the front hood, we were left with no vision of cokpit / pilot ..... !!!!!! if it is not possible to "patch" this bug, the technicians who remove the "Damage Aerodinamics" ...... will only damage the engine and suspensions

17. José Vasconcelos

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Heh, look at that. The damaged hood obstructs the view (default seat position) while there's nothing to repair at all.

Anyway, now I wonder why this isn't considered an issue.

INCREDIBLE

18. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    As always , if something is mentioned , that might be a bug , it gets sent to the bug tracker .. this was put in on the 29th

0019432: Game fails to repair bonnet damage /aero .. end users report

So we will wait for the results

Andi

19. José Vasconcelos

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My friend, thanks for Your post
    We wait so....
    Game fails to repair bonnet damage /aero ......!!!!!!!