Problem Help running Spa/Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ownanism, Aug 15, 2016.

1. ownanism

ownanism New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been placing RaceRoom for a few weeks now, and every so often it would crash mid-race or during the load screen in to an event. Since, I have purchased the European Track Pack and for the life of me cannot seem to run an event on Spa/Nord for more than 90 seconds, if it doesn't crash entering the event.

Something is telling me it is my pc specs, as I have already changed the launch options via Steam.

crash report RR.png
    system info.png
    Running an Nvidia GeForce 9500GT.

Any suggestions would be greatly helpful as I have fallen in love with this game :)

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sounds a lot like it might be a lack memory that's causing these crashes. If it is, ultimately only upgrading to a 64bit OS and adding more RAM will solve this.

Apart from lowering graphics options (most importantly track and car texture details, track details and LOD settings) disabling replay recording can help safe some RAM, have you done that already (by adding -disableReplay to the games launch options)?

3. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
  4. FStark

FStark New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Installing more memory is only able to help if you upgrade to a 64bit Windows, because, as you mentioned 32bit Windows is only capable of addressing 3GB memory.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    That would be some magic trick :)

• Funny Funny x 1