heusinkveld sprint pedal input get stuck randomly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by L3g0, Feb 4, 2021.

1. L3g0

L3g0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello folks,
    i have sth. maybe worth to think about; Since the last update in december, i had randomly occurring issues with my heusinkveld sprints pedals. During session the input get randomly stuck. (full throttle or brake). The whole time i thought its any issue on my side. After unplug and replug their working again.

Now yesterday i was racing with some mates, suddenly one of them said, my pedals got stuck (not mechanically) and in the same second i had the same issue and guess what my mate has as well the sprint pedals. So maybe sth. centrally is causing this.
    For sure it could be now an issue caused from the heusinkveld side and must not be directely caused by RRE.

So does anybody had faced a similar issue, especially within the heusinks?

grz

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  2. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    no issue on my HE pedals pro
    what is your wheel ? DirectDrive simucube ?

3. L3g0

L3g0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have a fanatec dd1 pedals are conencted directely to my pc within usb, my mate has a dd2 so far as i know.

4. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Issue EMI ?

5. L3g0

L3g0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    u mean in general? within the pedals so hardware issue? I would say possible but 2 people at the same second? And only in Raceroom?

6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I had this with my sprints. It's not a game issue. It's a usb thing. Try a different usb port.

• Like Like x 1
  7. L3g0

L3g0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    again the question, how can this happen, that 2 people in the same session, in the same second experience a pedal stuck!?! coincidence??

8. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Got to be a coincidence, the game doesn't know what the pedals are as such, they are just seen as a usb game controller by windows.

9. L3g0

L3g0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    only the developers could answer if the way they are getting the device inputs and only as example the weay their polling the inputs and transfer them into the game might cause an issue. i will check 4 ur advice using a different usb port but their all on the same usb controller.

10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Mine were showing lags and spiking when plugged into the motherboard ports but we're fine when in a powered hub. You'd think it would be the other way around but not for me. These spikes were showing in the HE software and in the windows game controller panel too. The game can only read whatever windows gives it. Polling will be sufficiently high that it wouldn't cause the issue.

11. L3g0

L3g0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have taken ur advice and plugged the pedals into a hub which has an additional power supply. i will monitor if my issue is gone. Thank You

12. L3g0

L3g0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ... it happened again...

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it's your pedals. I'm having no problems at all with mine.