Hockenheimring curbs - Thank you, Devs!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tulpeborn, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Tulpeborn

Tulpeborn Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    As it must be frustrating for the Devs to see the bickering going on after they put out an update with a changelog containing Idon'tknowhowmany points, I wanted to let you know that you made at least one player super happy with a change that seems quite small.

The adjustment of the curbs at the Hockenheimring mean a big deal to me.

I live close to the Hockenheimring and kept comparing lines I take in the game with the real life race cars. Especially in the last two turns (that you take as one big right turn) the curbs were off (too high).
    Since the update the curbs there are like in real life and I can take this turn in the game the way Wehrlein, Ekström, Spengler and all the others did last week end on the real track.

That was just to let you know that the ongoing detail work might be overlooked by some but is highly appreciated by others.

And for the missing features: I want to race the Nordschleife at night in either a snow- or a sandstorm in a fully licensed Porsche. And I want a fully animated pit crew consisting of 11 brazilian dancers in thongs (in 4k and 60 fps). And I want it yesterday!

And while we are at the Hockenheimring: I have the strong impression that turn 1 and it's runoff zone have a way steeper banking in real life than in the game... but maybe it's just me... ;-)

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Wait, they have sandstorms in Germany?

;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who wondered that........ :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Usually we don't have sandstorms here, but unfortunately this is not valid all the time. In 2011 we had a sandstorm causing a huge accident on a motorway ("Autobahn") with lots of injured and even several fatalities.

Source (german).

The sandstorm was caused by large, dried out crop fields along the motorway and - of course - wind.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Obama. o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Nevermind the exotic dancer pit crew (in 4k)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Obama? o_O

What's he got to do with it? OK, maybe he didn't meet all the expectations his supporters had in him, but I doubt he can be made responsible for sandstorms in germany.

8. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Here in Murica, a lot of people tend to blame Obama for anything and everything, regardless of whether it was in any way his fault or not. Hence the reason for my favorite YouTube video. :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  9. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Err... sorry, not a fan.

Anyhow, I thought I would piggyback this discussion with some more curb talk, in this case the RaceRoom course. I nearly flipped the M1 Procar taking a turn a bit too far inside the curbing. It launched the car into the air pretty hard. I'm thinking they could stand to be sloped a bit more, unless this is the intention.

10. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure if it's the default suspension or the curbs but in R3E they punish you like no other sim I've ever played. If they're not flinging you into a spin they are sucking your car like some giant vacuum.

I'd love to see Surfers Paradise in this game I reckon we could get the cars into orbit!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    watch gt cars around that track, they hardly touch the curbs.

try wtcc or dtm92 they can ride the curbs.
    final point we don't have any similar tracks in r3e the curbs are quite different other than bathurst which i do use the curbs alot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    The curbs at Bathurst are lethal for me. Touch the one on the left going up turn 3 and its spin city.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    you may want to try increasing the front bump and rebound speed.

but in a DTM 92 car i can run those curbs. in a gt car i dont touch them but i still can tho it needs some counter steer.