How long before the new update? Some bugs are bugging me bad! :)

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von Turtle Power, 7. November 2018.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Getting mad at the cockpit view bug that is forcing me to re-adjust every time I load cars. It should save or memorize after exiting the game or changing cars but unfortunately, it doesn't! This started happening after the latest update. Already reported and hope will be resolved soon.
    THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED AND THE ISSUE IS NOT FOV. THE ISSUE IS COCKPIT VIEW SINCE THE INTRODUCTION OF THE NEW SHIFT OPTIONS. VERY IMPORTANT OPTIONS FOR SURE BUT FOR SOME REASON IT MAY NEED TO BE CHECKED OUT AND FIX THE BUGS.
    Is there a workaround? Do you get the same problem?

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 8. November 2018
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Sadly/Luckily I can't reproduce this. Did anything else change on your system recently, maybe it received a Windows update or sth like that? It sounds a bit like the game fails to write into the documents folder, like the folder might be set to read only. I'd check that. Alternatively you could try to backup your current game documents folder (folder called "Simbin" in ...documents/my games) by renaming it to "Simbin backup" or anything else and then start the game. It should create a new documents folder with fresh files and I'd try if the problem still occurs with that fresh documents folder.

3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    A way to check, if the folder is the problem could be changing the settings for Steering-Lock in the car-setup.
    So change that for a car, quit the race and restart the game, start a racesession and look if the value on Steering-Lock is the same as set before.

4. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the feedback. I have taken a few photos of what the image looks like when using replay feature or reloading the car/s. The properties of the sim bin are shown as well.

Anhänge:

5. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5.041 / 0 / -0
    Which FOV setting are you using, and are you using any startup argument when launching the game?

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    That last image suggests that your Simbin folder is indeed set to "read only", which would explain why the game fails to write into the according options file. Try removing that read only label (untick it) and the hit apply.

7. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I am using options like the seat back forward, up, down, shift up, shift down on a single screen. Not sure what you mean by startup argument. I presume you are referring to third party software, for example, Z1 dash or something else?

8. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    The last image is by default and always been like that. I tried removing read only and it didnt make any difference. In addition, I just reinstalled Direct X 9c and the graphics driver and still the same issue.

For your information, no updates or changes were made prior to or after the latest Raceroom update. This problem started occurring straight after the latest Raceroom update which I have noticed and reported immediately.

9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure this is the culprit, I found sth similar while testing a few days ago but on my end it only affected the cockpit view while watching a replay. When I returned to the game it was back to normal.

What exactly are you doing while watching the replay, are you using the replay menu to switch between cameras? If so, try switching to cockpit view while watching a replay and see if you get the same distorted view.

10. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Maybe i should have worded correctly... it is a cockpit view issue. I dont use any codes in steam as i am runing the game on a singe screen.
    Generally I dont switch cameras in Replay. Jusf watching as is.

11. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Its Win standard to have a block in an empty space for whatever reason, when set to read only it is a tick.

12. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    As per my previous comment, it is a cockpit view issue and no need for codes as i am using only a single screen atm.

13. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    The codes they are referring to are command line switches, when you right click on the game in steam select properties and choose launch options here you can place commands, such as -vr which will tell the game to launch using vr.

14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    I just realized I assumed you're talking about instant replay, the one you can activate while on track? Do you mean that, or did you watch the replay in the replay menu and then start another session?

15. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Instant replay while on track..yes

16. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    ....and just to make it more clear, I always use cockpit adjustments while on track. The funny thing is it worked before without any issues.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 8. November 2018
  17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but the thing is that the perspective shift options were only introduced with the last patch. Like I said, I'm pretty confident it's that adjustment that causes this, because I found a similar bug some days ago.
    So for now I'd suggest to try resetting the cockpit camera (there's a keybind for that as well) and try without using pespective shift (tilting the camera), just to see if that's really the cause. You can also try assigning the keybind called "driving view" (if you haven't already) and when this issue occurs, switch through the cameras using this button till you're back at cockpit view. For me that sorted the issue.

Of course this is just a workaround solution and I've reported the bug, so it will be fixed asap.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I think you might be right. The prespective shift options from the last patch might be the issue. Although it is extremely important to have. (At least for me is). I will try as you suggested and see how i go with that.

19. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    PROBLEM FOUND:
    "The perspective shifts up-down" are causing the cockpit view problems everytime I use it. I am confident that the developers will sort this out shortly. Maybe a small quick patch will be greatly appreciated.

The workaround is what Christian Gopfert suggested. "Assigning the keybind called "driving view" and when this issue occurs, switch through the cameras using this button till you're back at cockpit view".

Many thanks to all of you who were helping with this fault finding. I couldn't have done it without you.

Best Regards,

• Like Like x 1
  20. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Developers, please do not remove the perspective shifts up and down as it is an extremely useful feature that allows us to achieve a very realistic cockpit view. Great stuff!