How much do vehicle patches/updates affect the leaderboard?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by morsify, Jun 4, 2020.

1. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I've been wondering, when vehicles receive a patch from time to time, to their dampers, or springs, or any other part, or a track surface/kerb receives a 'tweak', isn't there a possibility that it might affect the ultimate laptime possible, and so adversely affect the leaderboards?

I mean, obviously it must affect it, but what I'm really asking is - How will I know if it is even possible to climb up the leaderboard further, if the car or track is no longer as quick as it used to be?

I know it's not what many like to see, but I for one would be very much in favour of the relevant leaderboard being completely reset whenever that car spec or track surface/layout is altered in any way at all.

After all, the quick drivers (not me), will soon put themselves back to the top again, but at least we would know the competition is always on a level playing field.

How about it, @Georg Ortner or @Alex Hodgkinson ?
    (Or is this something that is already done and I am babbling on needlessly?)

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hi @morsify ,
    leaderboards are being wiped whenever a physics change results in the respective car being slower after the update than it was before. If the car is faster then there should be no need to do so because the previous best times should be beatable.

If there's any particular car/class you're having doubts about, let us know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    It sometimes happens few months later, as it was the case with the Touring Classics, but it finally happens... ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply, I didn't know it was already being done, that is good to know.
    No, there wasn't a particular one that I was concerned about, it was just something I kept wondering from time to time, so it's good to get an answer on it, much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1