Question How to adjust a offset steering wheel ?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Fanapryde, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    As it seems my question got lost in another topic, so here it is again:

I bought the new Audi R8 LMS. In cockpit view (triple screen setup) the wheelbase (and obviously the virtual steering wheel if I enable it is offset the the left.
    I was looking to correct it in the camera files, but I have no idea what to change ?
    Or is there another way to move the camera and save the setting ?
    Thanks for helping.

2. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    you can move the seat with keys, go into the advanced settings

3. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Yes, up/down/forward/backward, but no left right (or am I blind ?) :D

4. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    left, right isnt there, right!

5. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    There is no button like in AC for it but you can move the seat left or right by editing the cockpit_driver_view.xml or on triple screens the cockpit_driver_view_triple.xml.
    <relativeTransform type="Matrix">{
    0.00000000 0.00000000 0.00000000 -0.295
    0.00000000 0.00000000 0.00000000 0.851
    0.00000000 0.00000000 0.00000000 -0.1
    0.00000000 0.00000000 0.00000000 1.00000000 }</relativeTransform>
    The red highlightened value has to be edited. You'll probably need only small changes of this value like -0.285 or -0.300 You don't need to restart RRRE completely after changing the value. Just leave the track and reload it.

Funny that a Beta-Tester doesn't know it :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    never used before ;)

7. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot mate. I knew it must have been there somewhere, but I did not exactly know which value to change.
    I changed it to -0.317 and now it is precisely where it should be. ;)
    Appreciated !
    @Tarik Userli also thanks for trying to help. This car is the first that had this issue for me. Maybe I need to check all of them. Could it be related to the triple support ?

8. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I think it is. I have had this issue with many cars but surprisingly not with all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I think you are correct. As far as I know, the cockpit camera files are different for triple screen & single screen. So, the driver eye position will be different in both of those instances.

If you happen to notice many others that the camera is offset on, perhaps keep a mental note of them and comment in this thread so we can report them to the devs. There have been a few in the past that a tester with triple screens had noticed. So, it can definitely happen.

10. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Will do... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Here we go.
    I may have overlooked a few cars (had to do a lot of scrolling in the UI...), but I found several cars where the wheel was offset (mostly to the right) in a range from 1,5 to plusminus 3 cm. May not sound big, but clearly visible.
    Cars that are present in several packs are affected in all packs (which seems logical).
    - Chevrolet Corvette Z06R
    - Camaro Sareni
    - Mercedes SLS AMG
    - Audi TT Cup '15 and '16
    - BMW M235i
    - BMW (DTM 1992)
    - BMW M3 DTM 2013
    - Mercedes AMG Coupé DTM 2013
    - Chevrolet Corvette Greenwald (?) (Group 5 - the other Corvette is OK)
    -Mistral M530 (Proto 1)
    - Lada Granta (WTCC 2014)
    - Chevrolet Cruze TC1 (WTCC 2014 and 2015)
    - Honda Civic (WTCC 2014 and 2015)
    In fact, all WTCC cars are affected more or less, but some offsets are not worth adjusting.

Must add that trying out all cars revealed visual issues that I had noticed before (after triple support arrived):
    - safety nets 'hanging' free (not attached to anything and sometimes only present for a small part).
    - roll cages that are only partly visible.
    - front part of seat ears floating, attached to nothing.
    These things were even worse when I first added the measured values, but got better when I changed them (a lot). I thought I had fixed it that way, but now I notice it is still present in cars I did not try before.

One (huge) issue (for me) though: I tried to find the right position/view in the Audi R18 (proto), but I did not succeed.
    It was fine before. I even enabled the wheel to check. I used all available controls to no avail. Either I'm looking at a huge steering wheel (or even the base if I move the seat position forward) and have a fair view on the road, or I'm sitting back to have a correct wheel, but the road then looks like if I'm looking to reversed binoculars, while I see all sorts of loose parts left and right and the roof is partly missing... This is really strange and only happens in the Audi.

12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Posting here so I remember. I'll get those cars reported if they havent been already, so the devs can take a look at the camera position for them.

• Like Like x 1