Question How to buy vRP

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Shuria, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Shuria

Shuria New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm slightly confused as to how this system works. There's a store (game.raceroom.com/store), where everything is in vRP, and yet inexplicably, I am unable to purchase vRP on it. There's another store (www.raceroomstore.com) where I can see that I can purchase vRP, yet when I try and login with the details it tells me that it doesn't recognize the user and or pass. I click "forgot password" and put email address in (same as the one where I had to verify when I signed up to r3e) and do not receive anything.

It seems like these two sites are unrelated. Why are there two store sites for the same game anyway? I can log into game.raceroom.com using my steam credentials, but no such option is available on www.raceroomstore.com.

I want to purchase 5,000vRP and spend some of it on content today and have some leftover for when I feel like adding something else. Why is this such a difficult thing to do? Am I just stupid?

Perhaps someone can explain to me how this works. I realize I can just purchase directly from the store, but purchasing a chunk of vRP upfront provides a better deal and makes it easier for future purchases.

Thanks

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Raceroomestore is the publisher, you need a sparate account to buy vRP's there, you will then get a redeem code on your mail that you redeem in the R3E store.
    But I agree, they should make this easier.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shuria

Shuria New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Oh, so when I buy the vRP pack I get a code? I just saw the different vRP amounts and their prices along with an add to cart, then when it didn't recognize my account details was wondering how it would go to the right place.

What a ridiculous mess. Two separate stores for the same game. I mean I see 0 vRP at the top right of the store, every other game I have ever known with it's own currency, you click it and get taken to a page where you can add more.

Thanks heppsan, going to give it a try now.

• Like Like x 2
  4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You can buy content ingame via Steam Wallet, it's not necessary to buy vRP first. But if you do so, you get a discount on them. It's actually self-explanatory when you buy an item in the ingame store.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shuria

Shuria New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Buying the vRP upfront at a discounted price is self explanatory from the ingame store?

Sorry but I have to disagree. Nowhere from the ingame store could I find a way to purchase vRP upfront at discounted prices. Nowhere from the ingame store could I find any mention of a second store where I could buy the vRP.

Had I have just bought my 2314 vRP of content from the ingame store, it would have cost me nearly 20. Only because I accidentally found the other store when googling Raceroom store did I come across a place where I could buy vRP in packs. I could pay 20 for content at game.raceroom.com/store or I could pay 27 for 5000 vRP from www.raceroomstore.com and apply it to the other store and have 2686 vRP remaining for future purchases.

Without this accidental find, it is far from self-explanatory given that it does not in any way shape or form explain that you are better off buying vRP upfront, or where to buy it, or that you have to set up a separate account to do it, if you are about to purchase more than 500vRP of content in one go.

Buying content from the ingame store was not what I was having difficulty with, hence I titled the post "How to buy vRP" rather than "How to buy ingame content".

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You don't understand what I'm saying. Most people playing the game aren't even aware that there is an external store where you can buy vRP. There is no link to that store on purpose. It's only an advanced option for players wanting to go the extra mile. I'm not even sure whether Steam would tolerate a link to the external store because they can't earn money with their Steam Wallet fees that way. That's why there is a discount in the external store.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1