Question How to contact drivers?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by NL-Jos, Oct 9, 2016.

1. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I don't know by who i must ask this question, maybe @J-F Chardon ?
    But I wonder why there is not an possibility in the leaderboard to contact other drivers even they are not in your friendslist.
    I'm asking this because there are a lot of Dutch and Belgium (who talks dutch) racers at the leaderboard but no easy way to contact them.
    To improve some racing events it should be nice if there is an possibility to sent an message to selected people.
    Or ingame an button to sent an message to people who has joined an server.
    Will this come in the future?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I generally agree and I don't know whether sth like this is planned or not but I see a lot of potential for abuse, like people hating on each other and sending inappropriate messages. The developer/publisher would then have to regulate and monitor all of the communication going on in that in-game system which would make additional staff neccessary, and I'm afraid that's sth they couldn't achieve atm, even if they wanted to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Maybe just a button to request friend so no messages are exchanged just quick invite on menu ?

4. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Request friends is already in the leaderboard.
    Only just an button and nothing more

5. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Little agree with that but your thought is a little extreme.
    Sim players don't hate each other or? :);):cool::p:D:eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I meant in game like on the timing screen

• Like Like x 1
  7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Wouldn't need monitoring if a block button was added and if you wanted to increase management you could set it to perhaps ban people who acquire a set number of blocks for a certain time period, Larry Loudmouth would soon become Jonny no mates!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I guess. What I meant/should have typed in the first place was that at least they'd need someone to work through complaints if they arise (which - although I love Jos' optimism - I'm certain would happen).
    It would pose another responsibility someone would have to fulfill and unless they staff up I'd rate the chances as rather slim, at least for the foreseeable future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    A good tip that can also work.

First create as a private forum or a website and let us know here Sector3Forum.
    This way you can let us know that you'd like to find some drivers to race or organize championships together matches.

No additional money costs are enough good forums and websites can be found for it on the Internet.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Surely if it was made clear in the games legal bumph that misbehaviour online could lead to a temporary ban and the Urchin still had single player available to him/her then everyone's happy, no reason for complaints so no need for a new job title for anyone!