Question How to disable ABS on AUDI TT.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Alex Bonner, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Having the ABS forced on has killed the brake feel. Lets face it having ABS and traction control on a FWD car is a bit girly anyway. Is there any way to turn the ABS off completely?

Cheers in advance.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sadly we're getting no better treatment than the actual drivers.
    It's forced on irl + people want realism = Girly Racing Experience ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Alex Bonner

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    To let a computer decide your acceleration and brakes is verging on slightly retarded in this type of car. So just steering left and right is reaching the limits their brain capacity. I think AUDI owes them an apology and an ABS off button :D

Been trying to ruin my ABS system today. Even maxing out pressure and running crazy brake bias still makes then feel dead on brakes.

Apart from that really loving this car, I have had the bast races I've ever had in it. Just a shame we cant really drive it.

4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I understand your feelings, but let me ask you, have you disabled the ABS on your real life car? ;)

A seat in the series costs 100.000 €'s, which is a steal considering the total cost of running such a car, team, event.
    So I guess it's Audi who want to make sure that the least possible number of their cars get totaled. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alex Bonner

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Yes I have (2004 Lotus Elise SC). Disabled ABS this time last year. I will never ever re connect it. Had a completely after market braking system installed at huge expense this year but brakes are something i really dont mind spending money on. Think my insurance company would have kittens if they knew ;).
    Also own a 1988 Locust track car that's running mostly on an old Ford Cortina 1.6 CVH. No ABS also.
    And finally my 1997 Ducati 748S is as raw and as they come. For me there is no skill in letting assists get you out of trouble.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  6. Alex Bonner

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Agree with the AUDI not wanting to replace the whole grid after each round but that's the biggest bonus about sim racing. ESC to pits and grab a new car dent free :)

Would be a nice addition if they could make it switchable for us simmers.

7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    A "simmer" would drive the cars the way they are in real life. ;)

Most modern racecars have ABS nowadays. That's just how it is. What you want is not a simulation but an extra challenge. Nothing bad about this, but not real life.

The only thing I can advise you is not to drive cars you don't like. I think Group 5 cars are what you are looking for.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Alex Bonner

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    So very true, I should make considerations for people that dont have full control over their limbs and use the assists also :).
    Group 5 is great but the racing is so close in the TT's. If only..................................

9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hey, that's a nice little fleet you've got there.

Drove the Elise once years ago and driving an M3 at that time, it was sooo uncomfy compared to the Beamer, brutal suspension. :)
    But that's not your everyday car, is it?

10. Alex Bonner

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    The Elise has been my work van for the last 18 months. Done 22k miles since last July. I save the bike for the weekend mornings when the roads are quiet, I get off buzzing every time. The Locust is a recent project after I sold the nitrous powered Renault Clio Sport 172. Thinking about a RX8 or MX5 implant but never done a complete swap before so who knows where that 1 will end up.

11. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Bike all year and all the time here especially going to work filtering the cars through the horrific traffic :)

I agree with you on the TT ABS.....it would give TT racing lots of extra fun!

• Like Like x 1
  12. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Same here, although I sometimes wished I had ABS and TC on my bike!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    ABS? Pah, my 1999 Elise has one driver aid - a synchromesh gearbox - and even that doesn't work right half the time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Bloody Lutos fanclub in here...

Here are the two types of Elise drivers that exist around me:
    Falling asleep/having a heartattack while driving

Showing off, the unhappy way

:p

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015