How to do a good start in the FRX-17 with no TC?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WozzaUK, Mar 12, 2018.

1. WozzaUK

WozzaUK Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I'm driving the FRX-17 with no traction control and I'm getting fairly good with the driving and have a good set up. However the problem is the start. No matter what I try all I get is a ton of wheelspin and the car just bogs and everyone overtakes me. I've tried a bajillion times using different revs and gears etc.

Has anyone else tried to do a start with these cars without TC? If so can you post some tips?

Thanks. :)

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Why not use the TC, if only for the start? ;) It's there for a reason after all and the car has been designed with it in mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. WozzaUK

WozzaUK Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I suppose that's an option but I don't know why I can't do it realistically.

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What's 'it'? Starting or driving the car in general, or sth else?

Always bear in mind that it is a fantasy car and it is not meant to mimic any existing series either. It's its own breed, with bits and pieces collected from current and former real life cars. The TC was set up the way it is by default (step 1 being the highest) exactly for that purpose: Being able to do a safe start with a high TC and then lowering it gradually as the tyres pick up temperature.
    Of course I'm not saying you're not allowed to do it any other way and I understand that you probably want the maximum challenge, but then I guess you're gonna have to live with putting yourself at a slight disadvantage, at least during starts.

5. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    remember that IRL they have special clutch system only for the grid start. As long as we dont have it in the game, its probably impossible to get to a good level of start without TC. I dont have a clutch pedal on my rig but i wonder if u have it, would it be possible to use it only for start...

6. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Are you talking about AI? They are cheated, you probably can't fight against an AI starting without TC. :p