How to load specific series rules ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slack Panda, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Slack Panda

Slack Panda New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When I last played this game a couple or so years back you could select the specific series you wanted to do, for example I purchased the ADAT GT series and could select that from the main raceroom menu and it would load up everything with the correct rules, amount of laps etc for that specific series. Think it even had its own specific skin.

It seems you can no longer do that.

If I go to the create a race option I can select a rule set but when it loads it doesn't have the correct lengths of practice, quali or race. It's weird. all I want to do is simulate a specific competition with the correct rules, practice/quali/race lengths.

Is there anyway to do this other than having to manually google the length of each real life race and set it up custom ?

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    No, you need to set it up manually.

3. Slack Panda

Slack Panda New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well that's a bit silly given the game used to do it automatically...

I'm expected to now google the amount of drivers on the grid, the rules, practice/quali/race lengths etc just to be able to simulate a series they advertise as having ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The beautiful thing is that you can skip all of that and simply set up your championship the way you want it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MotorMantovani

MotorMantovani Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Weren't custom championships already possible before the modules merger? I honestly can't remember... Either way, some ppl agree (myself included) that the game should include season presets (I'm not talking about separate modules).

6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    There are preset rule sets in the menus for DTM and ADAC GTM. (in the top right)
    I do however know there was some issues with the presets when they got added into R3E from the Experiences, not sure if they are fixed yet.

7. MotorMantovani

MotorMantovani Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi heppsan, I am aware of the rules presets. I'm sorry if I went a bit off-topic, but I meant an actual season preset (carsets, schedule, rules, pit stop rules, fuel rules, etc.) in a way that it becomes feasible to reconstruct some things that came with the old Experience modules and are present in the real seasons (second-race obligatory pit-stop, for example).