How to lock the automatic load of Logitech profiler ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JTT - Gege21 - (FR), Jun 17, 2016.

1. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

JTT - Gege21 - (FR) Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I dont need to use the profiler for R3E, but have already installed correctly the latest Logitech drivers for my G25 wheel on W10 64bits and each time I launch R3E it load automaticaly the Logitech Profiler even if it is completely closed before the R3E launch. Right now I press ALT+TAB to minimize R3E in the windows task bar and close the profiler manualy then I call again R3E. This situation is annoying and would like to know how to stop R3E from loading each time the soft Profiler.
    Any idea how to do ?
    Cheers
    Gerard

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I struggled with this for long time, too, and then decided to no longer care. In the game, using the three-button combo on the shifter to unlock the wheel's full 900° rotation within, works much faster.

Logitech software sucks. Since always.

3. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your answer and how you turn around this problem. yes I know for the three-button combo how that's working. But I was thinking it was a real working other solution to stop R3E from loading the Profiler soft. Just using the basics Logitech drivers is fine without the Profiler soft. Anyway I'm doing what I done as always pressing ALT+TAB and close manually the Profiler if any other better solution exist.
    Beside that on other games for which I need my wheel i.e. ETS2, ATS and OMSI2 these games don't call the Profiler soft automaticaly it is just with R3E so I think it is something to do with this programmation game.
    Cheers

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well unfortunately there is just that Alt/Tab or Task Manager shut down solution available - would like to know from S3 why the profiler has to be activated automatically - it's not a big deal but newbies should know that the profiler is definitely interfering with the output on your Logitech Wheel.....

5. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yes Fairman you are right the Profiler soft is interfering with the FFB wheel and we (Logitech wheels owners) don't need the Profiler soft to play R3E.
    When I look only at the windows controller wheel with the Logitech drivers installed there I disable the entire FFB effects (unticking the cases) and now loading the profiler soft and looking at the global settings for the wheel, I constate the FFB effects are always enabled. I was thinking the global settings FFB in the Profiler was based to the windows controller wheel settings, but in reality that's not the same. The Profiler soft enable always the FFB. I don't need the Logitech's drivers FFB only the FFB from the game settings are enough. A sort of mixing FFB between the Logitech Profiler soft and FFB settings from the game interfer badly

6. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    What exactly do you mean with this? Curious since I use a Logitech DFGT.

7. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    @Pabig didn't you constate any difference using the Profiler soft and not using it with just the Logitech drivers for your wheel as setup on the windows controller wheel DFGT ? Have you tried with the profiler loaded and running in the background and without ? I'm curious how others get the feeling using profiler and without ...

8. Outlaw22

Outlaw22 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you want to disable the Profiler, just rename 'C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software'

9. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Ok thank you Outlaw22 for the tip. But I want to use it for others games doesn't break it clicking on the shortcut ?
    I'm going to test it right now

PS: that break the path and it don't become possible to launch the profiler with this method.