Question How to report toxic players?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by big metal fan, Dec 28, 2015.

1. big metal fan

big metal fan Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure if this is the place to put this, but I have a problem. I've been playing RR in earnest for about three days now. It's a blast except for one thing: almost every online race I'm in, there's someone intentionally crashing people. One race in particular (that just occured) involved a better driver who would wait for you to catch up, get behind you, and do it over and over again.

His in-game name: "J. Richards." This guy is a serious asshole who ruined the race.

Is there a regular place to report problematic users? Thanks, and I hate to make this my first post. Hi!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hi mate,

Most R3E racers are very fair and fast though you would mostly find these in the non-free content servers. Was this on a free content server? I do not even bother going there..........

You do find the occasional wrecker and I myself got quite pissed off and also started some threads here about it and some ideas how to handle it but was shot down...

So if you are new and using the free content, think about getting some of the cars and join some decent servers....90% of the time you will have clean decent races.

Cheers
    Stefan

3. big metal fan

big metal fan Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I'm still learning how all of this works. I'm just going into "multiplayer" and picking a server. I suppose this is what you're referring to? It's a track I purchased. Thanks for the reply.

4. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok...yes that's what I meant. Unfortunately you find these kind of people everywhere. Luckily only occasionally in raceroom.

There isn't much you can do at the moment unfortunately.

5. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I've never seen the word "toxic" around the sim community...we usually just call these people idiots, wreckers etc.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Contact your local environmental agency :(

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    ..while "toxic" seems more precise, cause these folks are poisoning your (virtual race-) enviroment too...."plague" would be ok as well....:rolleyes:

8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Except writing down or remembering their full name, searching for their profile page in R3E's portal and using the report button (little yellow triangle).

• Like Like x 2
  9. big metal fan

big metal fan Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. Done. "Toxic" applies pretty well, IMO. As in, a cancer that ruins the community. I also play lots of Counter Strike, and that community is absolutely eating itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bartosz Janus

Bartosz Janus Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    You really don't need to be bothered about this particular problem :)
    Truth to be told racing games and mmos are no more than a niche, which bothers me most :)

...I mean seriously guys I was looking for some red neck NFS world style game...and guess what, there isn't anyone out there...

11. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I agree there are ofen toxic drivers who ruin qualifications. They stop in the middle of the road and move each time someone pass them. And they are still there at the next lap.

12. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Had an idiot last night on the free servers, bombed out at the start then slowed till the front cars came round and attempted to rear end them\me into the braking zones.
    Retarded if you ask me!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    To report a toxic driver play

• Like Like x 1