Question How to run dedicated server from command line?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Janne Lehtinen, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Janne Lehtinen

Janne Lehtinen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello. In case of server reboot, I like to know is it possible to run R3E dedicated server via command line and start game servers automatically via script? If yes, then how?

Currently dedicated server is working fine, but I have to logon to server and start game servers manually.

2. techtox

techtox New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What OS are you running? I'm trying to think of a solution..

3. Janne Lehtinen

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, forgot that one. Windows 10 pro.

4. techtox

techtox New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well you could try googling "run exe before login windows 10".

5. Janne Lehtinen

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Problem is that when dedi server is started, I still have to open broswer to manually click 'turn on' game servers.
    So I need a cli command something like this:
    "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RaceRoom Dedicated Server\RRRE_Dedicated.exe" -start server 1

For example I have all well automated for rF2, Assetto Corsa and Automobilista. So basic stuff how to automatically start programs in reboot is handled ok.

6. techtox

techtox New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think you can do that. Could always try a --help command or whatever the command is. Not too sure why you havent just tried it :-D usually if you use a wrong syntax it'll give you a hint.

Not too sure about your situation, but if your server doesn't need all that much security, you could disable password (or guest account that logs in automatically) and you could try making a script with autoitscript to open browser and click turn on.

I totally forgot that you stlil had to click turn on, my bad :-D It's late and I'm a little high right now so maybe if this solution isn't good enough I'll come up