Question How to see players on server before joining it?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by lucaf9397, Jan 8, 2018.

1. lucaf9397

lucaf9397 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way? Really weird if not. There are mostly multiclass servers there, and would be really nice to see in advance, wich class cars there are on track, before choosing my car.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    There are indicators on the left for each server in the list that notify you about VIPs/Devs/friends that are on the server, but apart from that there's sadly no advanced client list at this moment. Even when on the server you don't really see which car/class other clients are using, just the manufacturer.
    We've reported this lack of detailed info and are still positive that there'll be improvements in the future, tho I'm not sure about a detailed client info list before joining as it would probably increase the data traffic needed each time sb refreshes the server list.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I thougt that sector3 have this on the to-do list to change cars when you in a server because this is ask more than once

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    the ToDo list is longer than Donald Trumps psychological report...

Andi

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Okay. Than the todo list is short because for mister Trump is one word more than enough

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Trump is fantastic!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. lucaf9397

lucaf9397 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    On the server I can see other car classes by going into Race Monitor and scan every car on track/pit, then I see what kind of car is it :) Even Live for Speed displays who are on server and wich car they drive, when user click a button beside the server name. Also in Assetto Corsa that information is available :) Maybe devs did not think that multiclass servers would be so popular, otherwise that feature is not so important.

8. lucaf9397

lucaf9397 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yes it would be wonderful -> first log on the server, then select the car (that is how it is made in LFS - still having the best implementation of multiplayer)