Question Hud Editing

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Not Lifting Off, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    A whole can of worms ;)
    Been editing the hud, moved motec, track map and position bar fine for the merc gt3, which is almost perfectly central, but the larger motec displays for other cars are cut off on the right hand side and not quite central, great idea but maybe need hud edit for each car.
    Depending on which car you editing the motec position for will affect other car motecs and make them look odd or off centre.

No matter what i do i cant get flags to move, would like them positioned directly opposite the track map.

Also what is the Car Status line, is that the sector splits and lap time or the ATL display. If its ATL is it possible to make the split display editable?

Attached an image also the hud ini, maybe ive made an error somewhere!
    The hud ini will need to be renamed to hud_options.xml, had to rename it to .txt to upload.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    There isn't really a guide. It's trial and error for everyone :)
    What do you mean with ATL? I don't know (yet) what the Car Status line means. Maybe it's something when making a pit stop request?
    I think that you should make your configuration based on the biggest Data Display to prevent cutting.

For the flags, I will try it tonight.
    You're using a single monitor, right?

3. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I'm building a graphical interface tool to modify this xml, I'll share it as soon as possible.
    I've listed things that doesn't work, and things missing in the xml, and yes the Flags placeholder does nothing, as well as some others, and the mirror only moves on X axis. I don't have tested everything yet about anchors and size cause I'm just implementing this parts in my app, should be done today. :)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 4
  4. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    @ChatCureuil That is really cool.
    You can send me the things that doesn't work and I will pass it to the devs (which hopefully will be taken into account) :)
    But for things that are missing in the .xml, I don't think that it will change soon :(

5. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    ATL At the line, the driver position display on the left hand side of the screen as you cross the line.
    Pretty sure sector times are missing, chat message location, would be great to be able to edit chat colour also ;) unable to move or resize flags, mirrors and sector times, maybe others but these are all ive tried.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1