Humble advice request

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Cenda, May 12, 2021.

1. Cenda

Cenda New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey everybody,

simple question, as I already did some picking regarding my new "sim setup". My dilema is as following :

1. T150 wheel + T-LCM pedals
    2. T300 standard wheel with the standard pedals

First option is obviously more into the quality pedals, but I really like the T300 wheel :)

Reason for this choice is obviously my budget, these two options are at least in my country around the same price.........as a single father of two, not easy to throw money away :)

My current situation is a shitty wheel with no FFB, even worse pedals......and even with that I could improve my lap times in the matter of seconds due to practice, so I am sure I could do a lot more with those two wheels (pedals).

Any advice, experiences shared will be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Hello Cenda, here's my personal experience on your dilemma. Any of the above options will certainly improve your gaming fun, the immersion and perhaps your driving consistency and precision. I had the TMX pro wheel myself, which is basically the same as the T150. It came with those T3PA pedals (the set with clutch pedal) and I've been using them for years without any issues along with an old G27 shifter. I even kept using the T3PAs after I upgraded to the T300 alcantara. Back then I was facing the same dilemma: keeping the TMX and getting the T-LCM pedals or go for the higher quality wheelbase with a tad more power and the possibility of changing rims, while keeping those trusty T3PA... I opted for the latter, the main reason being the fact, that I couldn't afford to simultanously buy a decent simrig. And you'll need that sturdy connection between seat and loadcell pedals to be able to use that brake pedal reasonably. Didn't regret that decision. Meanwhile I added that TM Open Wheeler rim and finally went for those T-LCMs a few weeks ago. So if you don't have a simrig or the possibility to bolt those pedals and your seat into place, I wouldn't recommend the T-LCMs for now.
    I'm afraid I've talked a lot and said nothing, but I hope that my input may still be of some value to you.

Oli

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cenda

Cenda New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot Oli, I can´t say you made my decision easier, but I do get your point :) No Simrig over here either, I do have the Wheel stand pro, I am sure I could mount the pedals with a little added hardware on that......Like you said, what I like about the T300 is the option to change the rims in the future......Guess I´ll give the T150 a chance and pick the PRO version with the T3PA pedals....