Bug Hungaroring corner cutting not recognized

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by F1mre, Dec 11, 2022.

1. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I had a few laps on the Hungaroring in Touring Classics Competition. My best lap that is recorded on the Leaderboard included a significant cornercut inside the apex of T12. I've attached a few pictures.

Imre

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it seems like your tires are still touching the kerb. This has always been allowed in that particular corner.

3. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why? Aren't white lines the track limit? It has been a bug for years then.

4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    At least according to a loading screen from a couple years back kerbs are considered part of the track in r3e. That rule isnt always being applied 100% consistently either but its what id generally go by

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Yes it seems that RaceRoom is considering any painted part of the track still as "track" and there is not cutting if you keep 2 wheels there. I think common sense would be that 2 wheels have to be on the tarmac but maybe that´s international stewart rules?

6. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is not the case for the vast majority of corners. 4 wheels over the white line and it's a track limits violation. And rightly so.

7. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any part of the car must be between the white lines (including the line itself). The white lines are considered part of the track. Kerbs are not.

I still think it's a bug at Hungaroring T12.

8. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    It certainly is the case for the vast majority of corners on corner exit, on the apex its definitely less consistent but youll still find a solid amount of corners where you can go beyond the white line as long as you stay on the kerb

• Like Like x 1
  9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I don't know where you got that. Any recent changes? Because there was a thread by Alex Hodgkinson where he described track surface in the game as: everything inside white lines + white lines themselves + kerbs. Although this thread is not there anymore.

10. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wrote the real life rules.

In R3E track limit rules seem inconsistent as I've just experienced it at Spa.

11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The only place where track limits work like that in real life is the United Kingdom. Everywhere else, kerbs are usually considered to be part of the track.

12. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    The rule he quoted is the one used in f1 (at least if they feel like enforcing it ;)) and probably most if not all fia series. Certainly the one im most familiar with from real life series and i dont watch any uk national series.
    But of course theres also the likes of imsa 2015 where this was a completely acceptable line :D

Attached Files: