I have a question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zTOOzBEASTLYz, Oct 30, 2015.

1. zTOOzBEASTLYz

zTOOzBEASTLYz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know why u don't have to use the clutch to shift? I just got raceroom and bought some cars/tracks. I turned on the h pattern shifter and auto clutch off. I know u can clutch if u want to but don't have to. Ran a whole race without clutching and nothing happen. No damage or anything. Not to happy about that. Anyone know if there is another option I missed so u will have to use the clutch? Thanks

2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    What car? many cars have sequential transmission irl so you don't need to clutch.

Try dtm 1992 or touring classics these will get destroyed within 10 laps if you don't use the clutch

3. zTOOzBEASTLYz

zTOOzBEASTLYz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It was the 92. Had the BMW. I didn't run 10 laps maybe 5 or 6 and nothing happen.

4. zTOOzBEASTLYz

zTOOzBEASTLYz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    But was wondering why it was like that? Or if I was missing something. I have a sequential shifter also. So I use it on cars that I need to. So I know that's not the problem

5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    you can clutchless shift any car irl its not good for the car but you can. 10 laps with damage in raceroom and your'll get grinding and missing gears by the end of a 30 min race you'll have 20 seconds to your laptime cause you cant drive out of a corner and cant get the car in third.

note this is up/downshifting at race speeds. if you upshift and downshift early you will last a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. zTOOzBEASTLYz

zTOOzBEASTLYz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok thanks. Just wish it wasn't like that. Thanks for your reply

7. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Why not? That's how it is in real-life. It's not uncommon for racers to not use the clutch to shift unless they're in the pits or pulling away from a stop. And if you know what you're doing you can do it in any street car, though if you make it a regular practice your equipment won't last long, but you could get away with it for a while. Just like in R3E.

Skip to about 2:45 in this video and you'll see that he doesn't use the clutch to upshift. He does use it to downshift so he can rev-match, but for the upshifts all he does is lift off the throttle momentarily.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Also make sure auto clutch is off. F5????

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure if it is modeled in R3E, but i clearly remember an Interview with Klaus Ludwig in those DTM-Years were he explained that their gearbox is reinforced and optimized so that in normal conditions they only need the clutch for the start.

10. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    It's a game based on rfactor, in rfactor or for example formula truck, you could have what you are asking for by installing the DLL grindingtranny. Here in R3E DLL are not working, like in GTR2. anyway they have developed the gear damage, as other people have said above