Immersion breakers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skidmark, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Thought I'd start a thread about those little things that you notice in the game that break the immersion - i.e. remind you that you are in a game rather than fighting for a real world championship.

My offering is synchronised starts from the AI.

Ready... set... everybody turn left !! (except me in the green Cupra - I didn't get the memo).

• Funny Funny x 5
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  2. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Despite it being clearly some kind of bug, this could be an awesome shot for RR video contest! :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure if I still have the replay, but a while ago I was racing WTCRs at Watkins glen. One of the Alfa-Romeo cars was a real thorn in my side for the entire race. At the 7 laps to go mark, the Ai pushes too hard on the exit to the bus-stop and torpedoed into the side wall. It was a nasty enough crash that the car should have ended it's race.
    Later in the race, this white cockeyed looking car is frantically making it's way through the pack. Sure enough it was the same Alfa. This time it was making quick work of all the cars behind me, as it got back behind me and eventually made a pass on me. Up until then, the race was going smoothly, and the Ai was pretty decent, until the Alfa broke out the rubber bands. LOL

4. Plutarch-Petrarch

Plutarch-Petrarch Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    While racing at Hockenheim in a Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland 2019, after a gruelling race with many lead changes I was just braking for the Sachs curve and my cat jumped into my lap.
    (I also agree about the synchronised A.I.)

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    HUDs, Driver names, chat. Turn them all off and just have crew chief running.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Thats how i like it, everything of. Except of...
    Bild1.jpg

And i would love to disable it, because if you're using a nextion or smartphone for this, you have a double display - one in front of you and one on the screen. IMMERSION KILLER!