imperfections and undulations on the track

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marcos Gil, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Marcos Gil

Marcos Gil Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Friends, where should I touch the FFB to feel the imperfections and undulations on the track. I find this very nice in AMS 2 and RF2 but I'm not trying to adjust in the RRE

2. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I think if you raise the vertical load settings you will feel more.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Hi @Marcos Gil That "road feel" isn't very pronounced in raceroom by default and there isn't a specific slider in the ffb settings to make it stronger like in some other titels. But you can try a few things : be sure to set the "Force Feedback Minimum Force" value high enough to raise those very weak road signals until they overcome the threshold of your wheel. Forces below that (wheel dependant) threshold are simply not translated into movement by the wheel. You can use the input meter to monitor that. G29 or T150 class might need around 10-14%, a T300 is a bit more sensitive with values being at 2 or 3%. If that is set correctly and you also tried what Zziggy said, you can even add some road noise by editing the rcs file as described here by Ravey https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/t300-bumps-and-road-vibration-experimental.14537/

Oli

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Marcos Gil

Marcos Gil Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    It is a pity, as it gives life to driving. Honestly lost a little fun. After I played the games I mentioned it gets a little difficult.

5. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    The 'road feel' is something that Raceroom is missing for sure. I can feel other types of bumps and knocks for e.g. when the wheels are going over uneven surface, elevation etc...very impressive but its not complete "road bump surface feel".
    Many users have requested this feature before. I trust that R3E is looking into this.

Just wondering if nothing, why not having a fake road surface as one of the effects options?

...and by the way, I am pretty sure ACC road effects are fake. And still very good to have

6. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to see some vibration/violence transmitted to the cockpit - both visually and through the wheel.

Compare driving our Macau to what's happening to Tom in this video.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    In Raceroom at Nordschleife and Bathurst, I can feel a lot of activities in terms of FFB. Very well done. Can't be said the same for other tracks.

I think Nordschleife and Bathurst are leading examples as far as the road feel is concerned.

• Like Like x 1