Question Improve DX9 experience

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by OlivierMDVY, Sep 17, 2018.

1. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

does someone have some tweaks to improve the experience (more FPS) with the DX9 engine of R3E?
    Does disable the multithreading in NVidia R3E profile can help?

Thanks.

2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I recommend compiling a stern e-mail, FOA it to J-F Chardon and demand that the Dev's get off their collective arses and catch up with every other Sim on the planet and at least make the swap to DX11, while you're at it tell 'em Georg Ortner has too much spare time, always streaming, non stop, needs reigning in a bit. :p I guess while you've his ear, ask where the GT4 liveries are and another three Porsche's, a track or two, GT4 Class, Ranking system, etc. etc and don't forget, put your foot down, don't take " well China is the largest emerging market, along with the rest of Asia and we're gonna concentrate on over there" Don't take it, threaten strike action or something, do something for Geronimo's sake, just seem to be treading water again while the enemy surround the wagons, waving their DX12, fancy tyre models, aerodynamic models, suspension models, some old Mclarens etc etc.

3. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    What exactly is your issue?
    Poor frame rate?
    Not graphically good enough?
    More FPS, why?
    We have identical base systems, i use a Samsung Oddysey and have everything maxed ingame and in the Nvidia control panel, it looks great in and out of Vr and is smooth as silk.

You need to explain your issue a little better.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  4. OlivierMDVY

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    The issue is that I cannot get a rock solid 90 fps with the Rift on some tracks + AI.
    And several graphical settings are on low.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    What have you actually tried?
    This one is easy with your system (depending on the mobo quality)
    Overclocking.
    Tried overclocking you cpu? 5ghz easy! does make a difference for Vr, cpu heavy apparently.
    Your 2666 ddr 4 should do 3-3.2 easilly, most do apparently ;)
    Your gaming x standard overclock based on reviews is 7%.

Or you could start to disable windows services which i know full well makes a huge difference. Many ways to approach it, its down to you.

6. OlivierMDVY

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    8700K already @ 4.9ghz all cores, 1080Ti already OCed

7. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    You need a 2080Ti m8, I'll give you a tenner for that old 1080Ti, be worthless in a couple weeks. :rolleyes: By the way I'm only using a 4*** Intel cpu and a rather ordinary 1080, every thing maxed, apart from motion blur which is off, runs as smooth as butter spread on the inner thigh of a pole dancer, on my triple 1080p's. Good chance it has something to do with the way VR is handled in the DX9 Raceroom, I know it's not ideal but maybe with a few e-mails to JF complaining about the lack of DX11-12, may just give him enough ammunition to present to the publisher. That or hope RR Asia asks for it, be here by next week in that case, no doubt! :D

8. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Hah, so i never looked before just accepted that my Oddysey was fine and the game was smooth as silk, which it is, but the same at 45fps.
    Not overly fussed, i can live with it, i remember 800x600 and quake 20 years ago at lesser frame rates, we are spoilt today.

9. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    M8 I can remember Manic Miner & Velnor's Lair on a 48k Spectrum, before that Pong on a bloody Atari, spoilt, spoilt, yoot of today don't know how lucky they are, in my day, when I lived on side of the Motorway in tut shoebox.........................................