In-game wheel rotation for GT cars suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blueferrari, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Just wondering what most people use for Wheel Rotation in the In-game setting for GT cars. I manly drive GT4/GT3 cars and I think the default is 540, but is this too high? I did move it to 500, but not sure it made much difference. This In-game wheel rotation setting is in the top right corner of the Tuning Menu.
    I'm using a Fanatec DD1 with this setting on "Auto".

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The rotation for each car is identical to the real world car. You can change it if you want but be aware it does have an effect on the ffb and so you may not get the car as it's supposed to feel.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Oh, ok thanks, I didn't know that. So suggested leaving it on the 540 default then?

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    The default rotation angle should depend on the car. Do you have them all at 540?

5. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    No, I think I was just looking at the one in the In-game settings with the GT4 car, which is 540.

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I have a thought. If our FFB is full physics based (except a few optional immersion sliders) shouldn't it mean that changing the rotation angle only affects the strength of the FFB? Which can be easily adjusted with a FFB multiplier, even on-the-fly with hotkeys.

7. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    No idea, but I've gone back to default and it seems ok on that. I guess I've just go too much understeer and need to overcome that by other tuning settings.

8. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yes

9. Pierluigi Vinci

Pierluigi Vinci New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    the real car has fixed wheel rotation? IE with the Ferrari 488 default rotation is quite high and i struggle to turn in in some corners and i would like to change it. in rf2 you can change wheel degrees in setup (IE 540-450-360 for GTs), is this not allowed in real cars?

10. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Does adjusting steering lock not fix your issue? Or is there a reason you don't want to change it?

11. Pierluigi Vinci

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i have not tried with Ferrari because the advise in teh setup page, same advise i see here :) according to it looks like only 540 is a real setting, but i'm wondering if real drivers can use 450

12. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    540 with 16 seems correct , from watching inboards for the ferrari

Andi

13. Pierluigi Vinci

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    so they just have 540 degrees irl?

14. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure these numbers match real life 1:1. Somehow the same cars have different values in different games. Which ones are correct? So I would say, set them to your liking. Even ACC allows you to change steering ratio.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I don't understand why you think 540 is a high degree of rotation. I can easily take tight hairpins at that setting without taking my hands off the wheel (crossed arms). You can set it however you wish, it's your game, but i find the handling can become twitchy if you reduce it by a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1