Problem In VR: Details are very bad left and right the track

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Rodolfo, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My problem since some weeks is:
    Details in car are top, but outside it is unsharp, sometimes, details are doubled, p.e. the "hats" beside the track in Nordschleife are doubled.
    What can I change in my settings. As I said, I have this problem since some weeks, maybe after an update. In the settings I changed nothing and before everything was satisfying!

My specs:
    I use a Oculus Rift S
    Windows 10
    Intel Core i7 6700 @ 4,6 GHz
    16 GB Ram
    Asus Rog Strix 2080 Ti

Many thanks in advance for help

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, the what? :confused:

"Doubling" on the Rift S happens to me when my rig is struggling to maintain a decent framerate, usually when it's less than 40. (Ie, when even ASW isn't enough.) With R3E shadows in VR seem to be the bugbear of many, so try lowering their quality to low if you haven't already. Also, make sure time progression is OFF, because it is a known performance hog whenever it is enabled.

(Yes, I read the specs of his rig but I've seen plenty of people with rigs twice as good as mine complaining about performance issues that I'm not seeing myself. So the basics are worth a try.)

3. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    thank you very much, I will try this

4. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    If you are using steamvr - then switch the legacy mode.. the reprojection/smoothing nonsense they wrote often makes ghosting of objects. It will also likely give you much better frames rates. I also have a 2080ti and cannot run decently without turning legacy mode on (in steamvr - video). Also of course shadows low and reflection low..

n

5. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, this sounds good, will try it soon