Incident needs Race Steward

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by m.bohlken, May 16, 2017.

?

Who's Fault?

1. BMW

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Porsche(Ruf)

28 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hehe, not sure - I guess aline senna just totally missed the breakpoint as being concentrated on passing us...

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I would like to have virtual mirrors showing the side of the car.

I use Crew Chief, it's a fantastic app that I can't race without.
    But it has it's limits. CC tells me if I have a car on my side - yes - but how close is it? Well I can't be sure so I have to assume that it is close. This might force me to drive unnecessary carefully totally missing the apex.

Imagine if this would be what you see in a real life. You know you have a care on the right side, how fast would you drive in the upcoming right turn? Would you go for apex?

rrre-2017-01-25-13-28-29-22.jpg

Many of us have a small single screen and we have a limited view. Extra virtual mirrors showing the side of the car would help a lot.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/virtual-mirror.8004/

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  3. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    RUF's fault IMO, he misjudged the overlap and spun himself.
    If that's Sachsenring he could just stay in the middle and complete the pass in the next turn so didn't need to rush it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp, was sachsenring and yepp, he was on the better line for the next turn in the omega-section... so not sure why he needed to rush and take a risk there...

5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    If he waited to destroy your race, then he's automatically the loser (not talking about race).

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    It was a bonehead move by the porsche. I agree that you shouldn't "depend" on crewchief. Racing etiquette goes a long way, and not cutting across the nose of people you are passing is part of that etiquette. Even Iracing's spotter is not always 100% accurate, especially in oval racing. The window between CLEAR and CAR INSIDE can be very small at 180mph.

7. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I'm quite sure she is. Not in this instance, maybe, but...I had no idea how infamous she was and only found out about her this weekend after she tried to take me down on the last lap of a WTCC Hungaroring race when she couldn't get past me. The funny thing is we had a pretty good close race going there up to that point, at least if I ignore the fact that on quite a few laps she just went straight through the chicane instead of following the track to gain an advantage on me.

8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Can't one of you wizz kids bang out an app allowing the use of a phone or tablet to become a mirror?

No Bubbles, have not read the EULA :rolleyes: but if it's not permitted then perhaps S3 should look into it, clipped on top of your monitor, problem solved and relatively in keeping with the immersion freaks agenda, whilst assisting all single screen users.
    Being a triple screen user I have more wing mirror real estate than an Australian Sheep farmer so perhaps a mirror sharing scheme?

9. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Ruf fault.BMW is on the edge of the track.Ruf cuts straight onto the path of the M6.He shouldn't expect the BMW to slow down or go to the grass (the only 2 options) to avoid contract.

10. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Just to add that MP-Racing even in Public Races can be great fun with close and fair racing, here an example of a great fight for the lead I had this tuesday in a race in Spa.

• Like Like x 3