Problem Inconsistent limited damage

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Balrog, May 27, 2020.

1. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    We are running a WTCR and a GT4 championship simultaneously (the rounds alternate on Wednesdays), and we are using the old (Limited) damage model for now, we want to introduce the new version properly with test rounds and etc.

Nowadays, heavy crashes are rare on our servers, RR is pretty tolerant in terms of car-to-car contact. BUT we took a gamble and organized a round at the Nordschleife in both leagues and I accidentally noticed how different the damage models are for the two classes.

If you crash into the wall with a WTCR car at nearly full speed, the engine dies instantly and your race is pretty much over. But the old Cayman GT4 is like a tank in comparsion, I suffered something like 4 heavy crashes in one session and all I had was a slight transmission damage. Just out of curiosity, I crashed into the wall in the last corner of the 24 hours layout (after the Döttinger höhe) at full speed and funnily enough, the car survived the crash (although the suspension was gone).

After reading this in a recent patchnote:
    I was kinda surprised.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Did you crash your Porsche into the wall with the front of the car, where the trunk is located? ;)

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Lol. Mid engined car doesn't suffer engine damage in frontal crash shocker.

Try reversing a 911 into a wall hard and see what happens.

4. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    But the engine placement wasn't my point. I crashed heavily four times in a row and the car was still driving fine. Every crash was a massive one, when the initial contact sends the car into a spin, so I should have got both heavy front and rear damage as well. But every damage bar was at 100% except transmission which was about 90. If a mid engine makes a car a tank, I'd still call the experience inconsistent.