Question Individual cheaper than pack? ADAC experience or pack?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by sherpa25, Jul 5, 2018.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    ITrying to configure my purchase (so far only have the Euro Track pack). Checking on the American Pack (4 tracks = 899vRP), but if I add the 4 tracks individually, they total to only 800vRP), weird.

Also, what advantage do I get with the ADAC Experience, rather than just a single pack, say ADAC2015, since I'm not too concerned with having many liveries.

Then if I just get a couple of DTM 2015 and GT3 cars, what game options will I not be able to join/have? If I'd be able to use these cars in any mode, then I'm thinking this would be cheaper, since I intend to drive only select car variants.

TIA.

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This could be because there is currently a sale where every individual piece of content is 50% off. Most packs arent discounted beyond their usual amount as far as I know.

Currently, not much benefit anymore. There used to be a special 'experience' for those cars, with their own menus, music, and MP lobby, but that got removed long ago now.

Basically the only difference from the GTR3 cars and their ADAC counterparts is the liveries. If you want to race MP races, I would recommend getting the GTR3 version of the car you like, as those are much more used than the ADAC cars.

If you own a car, you can use it in any game mode. Single player, multiplayer, leaderboards, competitions, practice, against AI, etc. And you can use it on any track you own of course.

What will you not be able to join/have? Well, if you dont own a track, you wont be able to race on that track. That's about all really.

The nice thing about RaceRoom is that you only need to own 1 car in a class to be able to race against that entire class in single player or multiplayer. Some other games require you to own every single car in a class if you want to participate in a race involving those cars.

3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot for the reply (glad it came this soon, as I'm trying to catch the deadline of the sale for my first purchase...though so far I have the Euro track already).

So in that case, it's better to just choose select cars from the different classes (ADAC, or as you suggest, more flexible if from GT3, and some from DTM)? Then I'd be able to use these in any mode, and the only obvious limitation is I won't be able to drive the cars I don't have, right?

4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    (Sorry, cannot edit my posts)
    Also, any difference in other aspects, aside from livery, with same cars from ADAC2013 vs 2014 or 2015?

PS. where do I edit my sig? TIA

5. dave4880

dave4880 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    yes that is right you can only drive the cars that you have. But you can test drive all of them. I have the gt3 pack I really like them.
    I just got the starer pack and a few gto cars. I would pick Road America if you do not have it. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    That sounds like it is correct :)

In that case, your only limitation would be that you wont be able to drive the cars you dont own, and you wont be able to drive on a track you dont own yet. Otherwise, you will be able to use those DTM cars in MP, or single player, or leaderboards, competitions, etc.

I think many people would recommend buying a pack that has a lot of tracks in it, since that gives you more variety of where you can race. Since you already own the European track pack... I would just look around the store and pick out some cars that interest you. Dont forget that you can test drive any car in the store to see if you like it before buying it.

There used to be a slight difference between all of those, but that is no longer the case. Those cars, along with all of the GTR3 cars received a physics overhaul back in November last year, and each unique GTR3 car is the same as its ADAC counterpart. For instance, the ADAC BMW Z4 is the same as the GTR3 class BMW Z4.

Hmm, if you scroll to the top of the page... on the top right you should see your username. If you hover your mouse over it there should be a drop down menu. One of those options should say 'signature' and clicking on that should let you add a signature.

As far as editing posts.. I think you need to have 10 total posts or something like that. It's an anti-spam measure I believe :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Thanks so much, guys. I'll adjust my Cart and go with the select cars from most classes I'm interested in.

Oh BTW, when exactly does Sale end? I'm at +8GMT.

8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    That one I am not sure on. :(

The developers are also in Europe like you, so I imagine the sale would end sometime before the day is over. Although, it could be anytime between now and the end of the day. Im in the US though, so I dont have much idea of when that would be.

9. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I think the 'signature' feature is also only available for those with certain number of posts, as I don't have it yet on my profile.

Anyway, one thing I think I missed. If I only get GT3 cars similar to the ADAC variants, (and 1 DTM car), is there such races where only ADAC cars are present, so I won't be able to join the ADAC event? So if I'd want that later, I'd also have to buy an ADAC car (even if I already have it as GT3)? Thanks again.

10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    In single player, this is less important because the only difference between the ADAC cars and the GTR3 class cars are the liveries.

In multiplayer, if the server only lists the ADAC cars, then you wont be able to join that server. This is pretty rare though, as most servers that have ADAC cars, also use GTR3 cars.

In that case, if a server lists the ADAC cars AND the GTR3 cars... and if you only own 1 of the GTR3 cars, you will be able to join the server to race.

It might sound confusing at first, but it's pretty easy to catch on once you take a look at the server list.

Of those choices, ADAC or GTR3, I would recommend the GTR3 version unless you really, really like the ADAC liveries :)

11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    In Addition to that - as the ADAC-Cars are the same cars that are used in the GTR3-Class you can get an additional discount on the ADAC-Cars when you own the same car-Model in GTR3-Class already. For example if you own the BMW Z4 in GTR3, you just need to buy a livery for the BMW Z4 from the ADAC-Class.

If you want to do that, you should finish your first buy, so that you own all that content. After that you can add the Car from the ADAC-Class you want and add a Livery from that to the shopping-cart. That would qualifiy you to race that ADAC-Races. But keep in mind - ADAC 13, ADAC 14 and ADAC 15 are all seperate classes. If you want to be able to run in all of these classes, you would need at least one livery of each class.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    So it's really also by Class. Thanks again for the info, or rather, details, valuable for a beginner. So, so far I've purchased the Euro Track, Starters Pack, Road America, then select cars from GT3, and 1 each from DTM92 / DTM2016 / WTCC.

I'll probably get the F1 car too (what are these variants?)...I'm guessing the FR X. Any other suggestions that you guys enjoy, in case I might be interested in?

Thanks.

13. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Looks good IMO - you have everything to have some fun in R3E.

Personally I enjoy a few more cars, but unfortnately they aren't that popular in Multiplayer:
    • BMW M1
    • Nissan 300 ZX (GTO)
    • BMW 635i (Touring Classic)
    Interessting could be
    • FR-X (Modern F1-Version but with good old V10-Engine)
    • Audi R18 (P1 Class)
    • Radical SR 9 (P2 Class) - There are two Versions AER (Turbo V6) or JUDD (V8) - depends on what you prefer ;)
    On Track-Side, Imola and Silverstone would be missing at the moment, as they are not in the Euro-Track-Pack

• Like Like x 2
  14. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Nice, thanks for those. I'll keep these in mind, after some track time with what I've got. To all, really appreciate it! :)

15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Geesh, I forgot to add these 2 tracks, and a few other cars, as I was finalizing my purchase. From history, what months were the Sale offered?

Oh, and perhaps related to my previous question, but now for the DTM cars, are these also affected by Class, like the ADAC or GT3? I was only able to get the Audi RS DTM 2016 and like it.

16. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The Sales always varies a bit. The next sale that we can expect should be the Black-Friday-Week. But sometimes there was one in late summer, but I guess that is replaced by that we had last week...

In addition there are sometimes offers for special content like a single car or a single Track. In the past every week was something new on sale - not sure if that will come back soon.

Regarding the DTM-Cars. The split of the classes are similar to GT-Masters but AFAIK you need to buy the car again for a different season. so if you already own the Audi RS DTM 2016 it wouldn't be enough to buy the livery from 2015 again, it would be the complete car from 2015 as they are a bit different...

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I see. So unlike the GT3 and ADAC cars which are similar, even at different classes, the DTM cars aren't...in what ways are they different? Checked the store but they simply say '..refinement...polished version...'. Would it be significantly different for the 2014 & 2015 version, in terms of specs... or perhaps in terms of handling/physics?

18. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This shouldnt be correct any longer.

About a year ago, all the modern DTM cars were updated, and should use the same physics now. So the DTM 2013 BMW should be able to do exactly the same laptimes as the DTM 2016 BMW.

Im not sure if that would give you a linked content discount in the store though, since the car models are different. (BMW M3 DTM in 2013, vs M4 DTM in 2014 for example)

See above in my comment.

All the modern DTM cars should drive the same now. The only real difference between them is the shape of the car model, and the liveries that are on the car.

You can of course test drive these cars from within the store to see what you think though :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so R3E DTM now, like ADAC, are similar between classes. Any major reason then to purchase the diff classes, since there’s no more ‘experience’ feature?

20. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    If you only want to play in multiplayer, you might consider the most recent version, the DTM 2016 cars, since those seem to be used the most now.

Otherwise, I suppose the only reasons to get the older ones are if you like the liveries better, or if you like the looks of the cars better, since they were a bit different each year. :)

• Winner Winner x 1