Resolved Ingame Wheel gets stuck on random occasions

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by RokiDoki, Dec 29, 2020.

1. RokiDoki

RokiDoki New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello @ll,

first off, if I would only play RRE I would clearly think its an Hardware fault. But I do not have the following issue even in extended sessions with ACC, rFactor2, AMS2 or AC. So here is the issue:

While driving thight turns, that need a lot of steering input, or while making fast turns on the wheel because of traffic, my virtual wheel gets stuck randomly. Busstop at Spa is a good example. I turn my wheel right 90°, then left 90° and while the virtual wheel is on the traverse from right to left it gets stuck somewhere for 0.5s or so and then jumps to the actual position of my real wheel. And it is not just the virtual racing wheel, it is really the steering of the car, which, as you can imagine, can bring you into trouble. There is a minor version of that issue where the virtual wheel turns like the real one, but instead of a smooth turn it makes like 3 Frames per second or so. That is also annoying.

As said the issue is soley whith RRE. Here is my Hardware:

- Wheel: Fanatec GT3 RS v2 (old but still ok for me) with Pedals
    - RTX2080 Super
    - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    - 16GB DDR3 RAM
    - Win10
    - All drivers are up to date.

Gamesettings wise I have the following:

- in Gameplay I have the steering animation on "match setup"
    - in Advanced Settings I have the Speed Sensivity on "0" and the Steering Sensivity on "50".
    - On the setup screen, where you have those bars for the axes positions, I am not able to recreate the issue.

The wheel itself is set to a 1:1 ratio input/output, and the max turn rate is set to be determined by the game.

2. RokiDoki

RokiDoki New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One more thing, the issue is not 100% all the time. I can't tell when it is gonna happen but it happens like every 5 - 10 times a situation occurs. It might have something to do with gerneral CPU/GPU Load, but even when the wheel is on 3 FPS mode the rest of the game stays stable in framerate.

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, that sounds like a hardware problem. Is your wheel firmware up to date?

4. RokiDoki

RokiDoki New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes it is. Wheel is pretty old so it is not like there have been any updates lately though. It sounds like a hardware problem, but only if you are just considering RRE. The wheel works 100% fine in AMS2, ACC and rFactor 2. Also it works fine in the RRE Setup Screen. Only when it comes to racing in RRE I have these issues...

5. RokiDoki

RokiDoki New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I disconnected all other devices except mouse & keyboard and that seems to have fixed it. Guess I should have tried this in the first place but ... at least it runs now... so now why is none of my ranked races recorded?

6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0