Install size and new players

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von Squid Cap, 31. Dezember 2015.

1. Squid Cap

Squid Cap New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    There might be some demo but at least i'm not aware of such. The thing is, install file is now, what, 16gb... Stumbled on this when getting friends to try r3e, it is WAY too much for testing couple of cars and tracks...

So any chance of some small demo, one car, one track with full grid of AI, locked menus, setups, simplified UI, two clicks and play. I know it might be impossible or takes too many manhours. IMHO, the effort should be worth it as downloading 16gb for a simple test run is simply way too much. No idea how many players r3e looses. AC install file is 6,3gb, which is already too high for demo run but that is different businessmodel it is not "free2play" (which r3e is NOT, it is more like free to try, you get bored with default content fast, more free weekends with car+combo with enough public servers supporting those..).

2. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    They should put together a whole new build for that, and i don't think it gonna happen. Honestly in these days 16gb is not a big deal to download, but i understand that some of us still struggling with poor internet connections. So probably you can try to transfer the raceroom game directory from your computer to your friend's (it is not complicated, just google it), so you can save download time

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 3
  4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    View it from the other side. Say I'm a new player to RaceRoom. I download just the free tracks and free cars (probably 2-3gb) or so, and then say I decide I want to buy a few cars and tracks, then I have to wait for that content to download to run it. I much prefer having it all there and go from buying it to racing it in a matter of seconds, and not buying it, then waiting an hour for it to download.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    for try all cars you need all cars on your HD...as regards tracks, it's useful to have it when Sector3 will decide for a free week with all contents

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    4Mb internet here. Bought Wolfenstein on Steam this weekend - 40GB download to take a total of 29 hours - if I don't get throttled. :/ Hoping to never have to re-download all my games again due to hard drive failure or whatever.

7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Better create backups in steam, if you have the drive space available that is. Also very handy if you use mods in other games, if something goes belly up you can just delete the modded folders and restore the original files.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 4. Januar 2016
  8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i got a 2mb connection and have to update more than 1 build of R3e due to the testing , which means i lose all of my net for that day each time ; i knwo its big the builds but most city dwellers have a bigger upload than i have a download so i think its possible

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    yeah but you are an alien..., that doesn't count :D