intro hangs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Montana.BE, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Montana.BE

Montana.BE Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    When launching Race Room, the intro loops forever, has this kind of white background to it ... and I can't start the game. I did run the game (on an earlier install of Windows).

I did clear my Steam cache already, and I did re-install the game : all the same.

Thanks for helping ..

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  3. Montana.BE

Montana.BE Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    This worked:

-cefNoGPU

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Ok I get freezes at the screen that says "Press any key to Continue" quite often and it is very annoying because I cannot exit out or Alt-Tab but have to CTRL-ALT-DELETE and then LogOff else I am sitting there just frozen.

It does it randomly but about every 4th or 5th load .... Win 7 64bit.

5. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    On start-up? Or after loading a race?

6. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Only on startup it seems. I tried that commandline -cefNoGpu and it has booted once ok but no idea what that is doing !

7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That just disables the gpu acceleration in the menu, which can be the cause of the invisible menu issue.
    But this freeze on start-up is nothing I've heard before...
    I can only imagine something going wrong in the loading sequence.
    Did you verify the games cache files in steam and are you running the games exe in admin mode?

Also, do you do mp racing and if so have you encoutered the freeze bug upon session switching from quali to race?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Game files all verified. I run the game via Simcommander so not sure how to run in admin mode from that.
    haven't done any MP racing yet. Have not had the freeze today so will see what happens. thanks for helping :cool:

9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You can make any exe run in admin mode by right clicking on it (gotta find RRRE.exe in your steam installation folder, ...steam\steamapps\common\RaceroomRacingExperience), selecting preferences, selecting the compatibility tab and setting the tick in the according box (somewhere at the bottom).

Would be interesting to know if you get the mp freeze also, maybe even as frequently/re-producible as the start-up freeze you described, cause every 4th or 5th time sounds very often.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  10. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    I use Win7 and right click on the exe there is no option to change preferences, there is properties but nowhere can I find compatability tab. I can make a shortcut to the exe and then tick box for run as administrator in that but I run the game via Simcommander4 so I not sure it uses that. I have UAC disabled and all admin privileges on my PC already default so I do not think that can make any improvement anyway. Yesterday and today the problem has not occurred which is very good because I loaded 3 times yesterday and 2 times today.

Perhaps your aura has spread via the ether and effected a healing upon my PC christian ? :eek: Thanks for your input ! :)

11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, maybe I should start offering online miracle PC healings... :innocent:

Sorry Blanes, course it's properties, not preferences.
    But when you click properties, doesn't it look something like this? (I'm just gonna use some random pics as my Windows 7 is German)
    [​IMG]
    And selecting the Compatibility tab should bring you here:
    [​IMG]
    The privilege level at the bottom, that's what I meant.
    But it doesn't really seem like it's connected to this, otherwise it wouldn't happen so randomly...

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    No that properties window is different, I have no compatability screen on my RRRE.exe

But I agree as do not think is connected ... not to worry ....

The Force is Strong in you, young Padwan ! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1