Is there any wheel in the world able to do that?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shenmue_X, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

How close the technology currently is?

I wonder if it's ever possible to handle that kind of car without the G-forces feedback...o_O

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    The forces operating through the wheel look to be incredibly strong and you can see Alesi working hard to hold the line. Remember though that some F1 cars didn't have power steering even in 2001, not sure about the Prost A04 but looking at how hard Alesi is fighting you would think it is Rack & Pinion or the power steering setting is way down low.

The Direct Drive wheels will give you a really good fight that simulates really strong forces when you turn them up. My AF is way too strong for me on higher settings and after only couple of laps my arms/shoulders are crying ! :eek:

3. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Yeah you can see in the Panis vs Trulli video that the Honda F1 did have a power steering in the same year.

Perhaps a technical issue in the Prost? Hard to believe the Alesi's arms survived over the whole grand-prix though :eek:... what's even more extraordinary is that he made so far an amazing 6th place with these conditions!

To reach that level of FFB, sure your motor needs direct mechanic power and insane agility! (plus accurate surfaces in simulators)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016