Question Is Vive support being worked on?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by NigsNuts, May 19, 2016.

?

Is anyone other than myself investing in Vive/VR, mostly for the massive potential in driving sims?

1. Yes

47.8%
  2. No

43.5%
  3. HTC Vive

21.7%
  4. Oculus Rift

8.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NigsNuts

NigsNuts New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Is there any chance you're working on Vive support?
    I love R3E although I haven't spent nearly enough time playing it yet.
    As an example, I own ALL the current content and I will continue to support YOU.
    Please look into supporting the early adopters if you haven't already done so.
    My Vive is due for delivery tomorrow.
    Please support the rapidly growing VR community. I suspect many of the people that invest vast sums of money into sim driving will be tempted to upgrade to VR.....(If it works well)

2. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    how about "not yet" as reply option, personally I am looking for the next generation of devices with higher resolution displays.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. NigsNuts

NigsNuts New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Oh, is this going to turn into a VR hating post..... :/

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What exactly made you say that?

5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, you come to this conclusion after one answer even that wasn't against VR? ^^

I'm voted for yes, as I love the idea of VR, but at the moment it is a bit to early for me.

6. NigsNuts

NigsNuts New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps I misunderstood your comment.
    After viewing many forum VR threads, lots of people have been requesting VR support for their favourite games and many responses just slate people that are buying VR.

7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Oh no, you're free to waste your money however you like. ^^
    Just kidding, why would anybody slag sb for buying a piece of equipment? I don't plan on buying into it in the near future but I guess adding support is inevitable in the long run.
    However, there hasn't been an official confirmation of VR support for RR so far.

8. NigsNuts

NigsNuts New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I've only just discovered the dedicated forum after I found out about it on Steam. Very pleased to find it.
    And I refer back to "Is Vive support being worked on?" Hoping to hear from the developers......

9. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Way overpriced...and I have money.

I should clarify overpriced is not the right word...just very expensive.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  10. NigsNuts

NigsNuts New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm hoping the expense will be worth it (way more than I would want to pay!). I'm not expecting the graphics to be as good as on my 4k monitor. Just hoping the experience will make up for that. Believe me, I've been watching as many videos and forums as I could before I decided to jump onboard. If everyone waits for the updated versions of VR, there won't be any updated versions of VR.....

11. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, we will see. I think it is pretty clear VR will be a large part of the future, but I still think its a couple years out to be mainstream....depending on costs, and the average gamer may not even care for it etc... Turning it into a niche product.

We will see. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    The devices are fun, we get to play with them at work. The vives controllers made me a believer that VR will be pretty big. Fantastic contraption is something you ought to play.

We had a VR demo at GTC this year were we had a full cad car model, 56 million triangles, no textures all geometry, the stitching in the leather... and people loved it. You can walk around the car look into details...

However for sim racing personally I don't give up tripples for that yet, but I can imagine some scenarios say shorter races in stock car on smaller circuits. Basically with the current res any "close encounters" work great, there is also some fun zombie shooter where you have light/gun that a friend recommended.

So for sure you will have geat fun, just that I personally am not the kind of early adopter. The games are also socially fun, it's nice to watch others play and swap, a bit like the original Wii.

Would not worry about not getting next gen versions. these large corps don't invest that kind of money for just one generation.

There is nothing wrong in being into it early, without those people and their feedback which helps improve games, or use-cases us lazy ones won't have as good time as experience later.

you got to have a bit of an adventurer in you right now for that, which not all are, and some probably are just jealous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
  13. NigsNuts

NigsNuts New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Surely sim racing with a decent wheel, pedals, gear-change, seat etc. already puts us in a niche category. Yet all the serious sim developers support the "mainstream" niche eventually.
    I guess most people on this forum are PC gamers that gradually invested quite a lot of cash into it to get the most out of it?
    I'm not usually an early adopter of new technology and I wanted to try a demo first but I couldn't wait any longer.
    As I'm new on here, can anyone tell me if the developers take any notice?

• Like Like x 1
  14. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Vr is something i almost jumped in. Until i saw the price.
    Now i am happy i waited. The support isn't quite there at this time and everyone can foresee that the price is most likely going to drop drastically since there are more companies that wants in.

I'm in no hurry.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yes - they definitely do. Even if you will not get any answer, they will notice this Topic and read it.

We have to be patient with the devs, as they can't always give an answer. Most of the time, there is no final decision / plan / road map as very much is up to the Distributor and his Partners and things get other priorities. Every prematurely answer from the Dev-Team or the Publisher can lead to wrong expectations of the Users.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    For me, it shoudn't (turn into a hating post, that is).

I haven't answered to your poll because I also miss the "not yet" option that @pixeljetstream mentioned.
    Don't get me wrong, I really think VR has a strong future.
    I've tried out the HTC Vive some weeks ago when I was in London, and damn, it really surprised me, the thing is awesome! :D

I will most certanly buy a VR heatset in the future, but I'll wait for the 2nd or 3rd gen because the current ones are too expensive, also I would need to buy a new gfx card (my 660Ti still serves me well), and I think VR headsets still need a higher resolution/pixel density, especially in racing sims.

But I do agree that for sim racing, if implemented correctly, it should be an awesome experience. I think I would prefer that vs triple monitors in the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. zehnder.eric

zehnder.eric New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I know that the Oculus Rift can't be backported to certain DirectX levels but I believe the HTC Vive can be.

Any newer word on if RRRE will support the Vive? The graphics of RRRE are good but sort of simple enough that I think it would be ideal for the Vive. Project CARS, while great looking, is in many ways too detailed for this first generation of VR with its resolution and whatnot.

In any case, I'd love to see confirmation that Vive support is being implemented. I just don't have the love for single monitor sim racing now that a few titles have official support.

• Like Like x 1