Issue with buying content through STEAM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StoneComet, Feb 14, 2016.

1. StoneComet

StoneComet New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I know you state you are not affiliated with STEAM but you are partners in a way. Last I saw there where 300+ STEAM users playing RaceRoom Experience. I've never had an issue purchasing your content through STEAM. Which from my perspective makes you affiliated with STEAM as they provide a mechanic which provides you and your company with potential revenue. After I press CONFIRM the transaction hangs up indefinitely and never completely processes. I do not get my content and you do not get my money. Most likely this is a STEAM issue. However, it would behoove the company sector3studios to contact STEAM and resolve the issue. I don't think it is completely up to me to get it straightened out with STEAM. At least I feel that you should not rely on the user to monitor and resolve such issues quickly.

I like the game and I am starting to play it more, through STEAM. I will continue to do so. I just wanted to give you the heads up. I posted on the STEAM discussion page but only got a response from a STEAM subscriber who felt that sector3studios rarely monitored that forum. I will send a support ticket to STEAM notifying them of the issue but thought you may want to contact them as well. I prefer, even though it is a little more costly to do so, to purchase your additional content through STEAM as it is more convenient for me to do so.

Cheers,

StoneComet

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    You might want to write your question to the RaceRoom Support Help Desk. They would probably be able to help you better than anyone on the forum here.

But since you are having a purchase problem on Steam... that isnt really related to anything Sector3 can do from the information I can gather from your post. It sounds like you are trying to buy one of the car packs/experiences and that is failing? If the purchase is failing at checkout of the Steam store, that is a Steam issue.

Try reloading the page and going through the checkout process all over again. You may have had a hiccup in your internet service which prevented the purchase information to go through. If that doesnt work, I would write the help desk as I mentioned above.

Good luck :)

3. DrDetroit

DrDetroit Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Just a heads up; I'm an avid Steam user and I purchased content from S3S since it seems a lot less expensive, as S3S takes into account the content you already own when final price is determined. Not sure that Steam does that - not indication that it does.

Good luck!
    DrDetroit

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Could you elaborate on the actual process that's happening there a little?
    What are you trying to buy and where are you trying to buy it, in the steam store, in the Raceroom web portal (http://game.raceroom.com) or in-game?
    In case you're trying to buy in-game, do you have the steam overlay activated? Because without this overlay the actual paying can't be processed.

5. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Don`t have answer but why using Steam for buying R3E content?
    It is more expensive, more complicated, less userfriendly and in your case not working ? :)
    buy vRP and than use R3E store or just shop ingame .. (yes you have to buy those vRPs first but that is 3 click operation) ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    You could buy in game, or save even more money by just buying vrp from https://www.raceroomstore.com. That is the route I take it saves more money. After buying the vrp then you go into raceroom portal or even to http://game.raceroom.com and purchase content there