Question join competition

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by NAViLERA, Jul 11, 2015.

1. NAViLERA

NAViLERA New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi I'm a newbie and free-player in this game
    Since I didn't purchase any contents yet, I thought I couldn't join in the competition but I could launch any competition events today. Are competitions free-to-join? If so, do people buy cars and tracks for singleplay game, leaderboard game or multiplaying in private servers?
    I know this question is silly but please understand I'm a noob..

2. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    Hi, most of the competitions are free to join. But for some you Need to own Content, e.g. for the WTCC Masters '14 competition on Macau. I mostly buy Content for multiplayer races.

greetings

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What flamedphoenix said. Plus I think we have quite a number of Single Player users who buy content and run a custom championship or single races with them, which is great fun.

4. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Firstly, welcome to R3E - I'm a noob here too, but I'm finding it a fantastic game to play.

As said, a lot of the competitions are free to play, even if you haven't bought the track / cars contained. It's a great way to have a go at something new in the game. You can always test drive individual cars inside the store for a few minutes, but you can't test tracks, so this is one way to get some extra variety.

I bought the DTM 2013 and WTCC 2013 packs to get me going and give me more choices,in multiplayer. Ultimately that's where the best fun is, playing against other people. After that, I expanded with the USA and European track packs, plus Macau and the WTCC 2014 cars, which are great. Note that you don't pay for pack contents that you already own. So you can safely buy something like a DTM pack and you don't pay for the tracks it contains again if you later buy a track pack with overlapping content.

Anyway, that's enough of me rambling on - see you on the track :)